Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Not sleeping + non-compliance = Big Mess
RE: Not sleeping + non-compliance = Big Mess
I don’t know why, but I actually slept from 11:30 to 5:30, woke up and slept until 7:30!  I’ll take it!
Post Reply Post Reply
I got a new mask almost a month ago, the Philips Respironics Amara View Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear. It was great for a couple of nights, but now I can’t get it to seal under my nose for the life of me! It’s either blasting air all over or I feel like I am suffocating. I really want this to work. I loved being able to wear my glasses with it.
Any suggestions? I am still barely under the 30 day guarantee. Would it be better to get a different one?
Post Reply Post Reply
You could try a different hybrid if that one’s not working. It takes a while to get the right mask. If you’re towards the end of 30 days, I would swap it out. Maybe try a Resmed. I have an F40, and love it, but everyone’s face is different. At a pressure of 15, it might get leaky, and many folks prefer the hose joint on the top of the head. It’s all individual.

FWIW the Dreamwear full face has a reputation for leakiness.

LankyLefty on YT is good on mask fit for the most popular masks.

And, yes, wear the whole getup, unit on, during the day. Get comfy with it. Adjust the temp and humidifier.

Make sure to clean the mask and your face super well before putting the mask on. I find, if I use Dawn for cleaning, it’s too slick, and I don’t get enough seal. I use mask wipes from Supplier #1 and they give me good adhesion, I find.

Post an Oscar for a typical night, so folks can see under what conditions leaks occur. Be sure also to be precise on your avatar (with mask model etc.), so folks can get your specs in one glance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!  Last night (technically this morning), I switched to my old mask in desperation.  That immediately was loads better!  I think I will call the company tomorrow and see if I can switch it out for another one, perhaps the F40.  If I can’t find a hybrid that works, I will stick with my old one.

I haven’t been brave enough to try to set up Oscar yet.  I will try it today.  I’ve had the SD card sitting here waiting for 2-3 months. ☺️ 

I totally forgot to change my mask info…
Thank you again!
Post Reply Post Reply
You've had your SD card sitting there for 2-3 months? LOL Just stick it in the machine! You could have been recording your sleep all this time....

The Oscar instrux are very clear, but speak up if you have issues. You can do this....

PS be sure the SD card isn't locked when you put it in the machine...
Post Reply Post Reply
You can also use fragrance-free baby bum wipes They are cheaper and work just as well.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, that’s me! I’m getting ready to go to a cabin that requires bedding.  I got in my car this morning to see my bedding from New Year’s still in the car.  So that’s already packed! Lol

Thanks, that’s what I use on myself anyway!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Needed: Friend Struggling with CPAP Compliance Due to Anxiety and Mask Removal Sarin 4 105 09-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Sad [CPAP] Seeking Advice for Friend Struggling with CPAP Compliance Sarin 2 262 09-26-2024, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Sarin
  Sleeping on incline doubled my AHI? vHungry 5 209 09-26-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [CPAP] 7 day compliance beparis1 1 159 09-04-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Help with PS and Sleeping Position aperez440 6 267 09-02-2024, 09:43 PM
Last Post: aperez440
  Inexpensive monitor to help with dental appliance compliance? djbclark 3 232 08-04-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Please help me understand this mess DBoone 5 290 07-27-2024, 05:16 AM
Last Post: Narcil

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.