Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How am I doing?
RE: How am I doing?
Click on the "CPAP Setup Manuals" tab at the very top of the page.  I checked, and the Resmed Aircurve 11 ASV is on the list.  You can request via email this manual for your current machine.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2024, 05:03 PM)Jay51 Wrote: Click on the "CPAP Setup Manuals" tab at the very top of the page.  I checked, and the Resmed Aircurve 11 ASV is on the list.  You can request via email this manual for your current machine.

Perfect, thanks again!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JBSLEEPZZZ, you're having way to many hypopnea events with the settings you have now, I would revert it back to Resmed's default ASV titration protocol asap, and I'm also not sure why in Oscar it's not showing the normal data (try a new SD card possibly and reinstall the application)?

Here is what to set it to (check to see which mode you're using (auto or standard ASV)-with Auto you get to set epap/min/max and in standard you only get to set straight epap.

"ASV Auto Protocol
ASVAuto mode includes automatically adjusting EPAP to respond to
changes in upper airway stability throughout the night:
• Therapy settings should be left on default
• If EPAP reaches Max EPAP and upper airway obstruction (UAO)
persists, progressively increase EPAP until UAO is eliminated
• The patient is feeling claustrophobic, increase the Min EPAP in steps
of 1 cm H2O to provide comfort due to the higher mask vent flow"

ASV AUTO:

Min EPAP 4 cm H2O
Max EPAP 15 cm H2O
Min PS 3 cm H2O
Max PS 15 cm H2O
Ramp OFF

ASV Standard:

EPAP 5 cm H2O
Min PS 3 cm H2O
Max PS 15 cm H2O
Ramp OFF

With what we've already seen though I would set EPAP to 9.6cm on standard, and 9.6cm on auto, you need more epap pressure baseline to keep your airway open (to clear the hypopneas). You likely need more than that (epap is at 9cm in the chart) but you're doing nightly titration checks instead of hourly (as in a lab).
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Phaleronic, appreciate the feedback and recommendations. 

I think I read somewhere on this site, the Aircurve 11 ASV Oscar software isn’t completely updated yet. I would suspect this is the reason some data is missing. I will try to uninstall/reinstall the software and see if that changes anything.

Thank you again !!
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.