Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oximetry Settings
Oximetry Settings
Hi All,

I hope this is the right place to post this. I have a couple of questions about oximetry settings (I just got a Nonin 3150 and attached it to my AirSense 11, and it is successfully recording oximetry and pulse data).

1. As I was making the attached screenshot, I just saw the flag in preferences that says "Oximetry Settings - Not Currently Functional"  What is the nonfunctional item(s)? I see that OSCAR is creating events (no visual flag in the data, but it does show a list of events and times and lets me zoom to them). 

2. Is the pulse change (5 bpm over 8 seconds) a clinically relevant amount? Or if not, is there some other amount that is clinically relevant? I ask because my data shows hundreds of such changes over the night. I'm wondering if it is too sensitive.

3. There are two new indexes (indicies?) in my overview tab - SPO2 drop and "PC" (which I assume is pulse change?). I don't see units for either one of them. What are they signifying? 

From the past oximetry threads, it sounds like not many people have set up the "official" Resmed solution for Airsense 11 (which is the Nonin 3150 BLE). Are there any diagnostic files, etc. that I can submit (maybe once I have a few more nights of data) to help assure everything is working correctly in OSCAR for that? 

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oximetry Settings
The limits for those 2 parameters are a holdover from the original SleepyHead code.  No one knows how these limits were derived, or else they will not admit to it.  Big Grin   They are on the list of things to track down, and make functional.  
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Understood!

As far as you (or anyone else knows) are there studies or anything else to point to that suggests an alternate threshold?
Post Reply Post Reply
Not that I am aware of.  I was trying to mimic the Viatom/Wellue stats from their software and (so far) have not found how they arrive at the numbers they report.  I have tried standard and statistical formulas, both on overall, accumulative, and sliding window data analysis.  Likewise, I finally had to walk away to regain what sanity I have left and return to it another day.

. . . I'm getting into the weeds here.   Oh-jeez
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 533 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 424 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Can't set custom oximetry options in OSCAR Pixel Ninja 1 843 07-02-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  using OSCAR for Contec CMS50F oximetry ...without any CPAP data? sleepymon 2 886 02-20-2023, 04:08 AM
Last Post: sleepymon
Question OSCAR Oximetry Pulse Rate Events - In Excessive Amounts (?) DavidEsp 4 1,154 02-17-2023, 06:11 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
Question OSCAR Oximetry Preferences - Pulse Change Events - How Re-apply to Existing Data? DavidEsp 2 827 02-17-2023, 05:16 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  What does "Automatic Oximetry Cleanup" do exactly? YouTakeMyBreathAway 3 760 01-10-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: YouTakeMyBreathAway

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.