Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question re OSCAR software security
Question re OSCAR software security
Thank you to all who have worked so hard to develop OSCAR. It really looks like an amazing effort.

I am always concerned about loading an open source software package. I have no concerns about the volunteers — my worry is malware in the supply chain of open source software libraries. I have read that Google in 2022 began distributing a security vetted collection of open source software libraries through its “Assured Open Source Software” service. Have the OSCAR volunteers used this or some similar effort to make sure there is no malware in any libraries OSCAR may rely upon? Is there any other assurance we have that OSCAR is safe? I will be loading the Mac OS version, if that makes a difference.

Thank you all again who have worked so hard to develop such an amazing product and gift to the apnea community. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question re OSCAR software security
Any OS that OSCAR was made for will be safe to download and use. It is free, there should be a link to it at the top of this page.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR is built using the Qt libraries.  The same code is used for all platforms.  Currently, there are two of us who build OSCAR for all the listed platforms.  SHA256 checksums are available in the Documents section of the OSCAR download page.  Only use the https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/ (link at the top of every page here, labeled OSCAR) to download OSCAR.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your reply! And thank you for all your hard work, which benefits us all.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software for Bipap Machine HoodedRobin 7 942 09-28-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: sinanacar
  Discrepancy with desaturation events between Sleepyhead and Oximeter software Asjb 3 2,034 09-28-2024, 03:23 AM
Last Post: THEVGE
Information Resvent iMatrix Software & Firmware Update for iBreeze machines SuperSleeper 5 2,405 09-23-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: MedvedD
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 9 895 09-01-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: soyjer
  Oscar software compliance report KingT45 0 201 08-22-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: KingT45
Question Software Upgrade AirSense to AirCurve Dodies 5 439 08-20-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Breas Medical HDM Data Viewer Software - In Ubuntu? mcman56 1 209 08-17-2024, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.