Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR data folder change
Question 
OSCAR data folder change
I try to install OSCAR on my PC, it's Win10 Pro running on Macbook via BOOTCAMP. 
First time I have selected different folder destination, & it's unsuccesful. 
I have uninstalled & re-installed multiple times, it seems like I just can't change back to default folder. 
I can't open OSCAR to make changes, above message displayed every time.
Please help me Dont-know

***  Moderator Note: Corrupted image removed  ***
Images can not be inserted directly into a post or hosted from a personal computer.
Please upload apnea related images (only) to the Apnea Board server or use an image hosting service for all others.  
Please read this link for further information:  "How to: Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board" .
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR data folder change
Hi oolong!  -  Welcome
Here are the 2 different ways to change where the OSCAR_Data folder is specified for OSCAR.  The 2 examples use the default OSCAR_Data location.  You will need to replace "YourUserName" with the one you actually use.  (I bet you are wondering why I would mention that . . . Thinking-about)

Command Prompt (cmd.exe)
"C:\Program Files\OSCAR\OSCAR.exe" --datadir C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\OSCAR_Data
- or -
Regedit (Edit the Registry)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OSCAR_Team\OSCAR\Settings\AppData="C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\OSCAR_Data"

I am Mac-challenged.  Is Windows the main OS on your box, or are you running it as a VM within a Mac-OS?

Good luck!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, let me try. 
It's not VM, Window is the main OS.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2024, 08:00 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I am Mac-challenged.  Is Windows the main OS on your box, or are you running it as a VM within a Mac-OS?

Good luck!
- Red

Bootcamp allows you to boot a Mac into Windows which then runs natively on the MacBook with an Intel processor. A VM would use Parallels or VMWare Fusion while the computer was running in Mac OS at the same time. 

Unless the point of using Bootcamp is to only use that computer as a Windows computer, OSCAR runs fine on Mac OS and it would be far simpler to use without booting into Windows to use OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Export breath by breath data from oscar? lisaistired 0 55 09-27-2024, 10:13 PM
Last Post: lisaistired
  How to get started with Oscar - analysis of data McMartin 0 84 09-26-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: McMartin
  Oscar only shoe summary data BlueSky1958 2 165 09-20-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  uploading data to oscar nachumj 5 321 09-11-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wellue data off since daylight savings change brainfoggysleeper 5 569 08-21-2024, 08:40 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  CMS50F data won't load to OSCAR SpO2Res 14 3,202 08-17-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: BetterWorld
  SD card not recording data for Oscar kadcpap 4 328 08-07-2024, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Heaviside

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.