Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR interpretation
OSCAR interpretation
    Thank you so much for this forum!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR interpretation
Two more OSCAR files.        
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

Are you using EPR?  If not I suggest that you set it full-time, set at 3.

I see that the majority of your apneas are CAs.  Your overall AHI is not high, but dealing with CAs is different.  Did you have a lot of them in your sleep study?  If not, they are treatment-emergent and will lessen as time passes, in which case they are nothing to worry about.  If you don't know, do you have a copy of your sleep study?  If so, post a redacted copy of your sleep study here.  If you don't have one, you can ask your doctor for a copy and he by law has to provide it to you if you ask.

I see that you are at fixed pressure.  Did your doctor set that or was it your choice?  I think for most people a range of pressure is more comfortable, as your breathing changes as the night passes.  If you want to try that I would suggest a range of 8-14 for now, and you'd have to select Autoset.

Best of luck with your new pap journey!  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your response Deborah!

Says nothing about EPR on the machine.  I went to the ResMed website and what they told me to press only has Ramp Time (30), Humidity (3) and Mask Setting (Full Face).  Does not list EPR there like it says on their website.

I had nothing to do with the constant 10 for the pressure.  Also, don't see a way of changing that either.  it starts at 4 with a ramp of 30 min and then 10.

No idea if during the sleep study if CAs were more prominent.  I will get a copy.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, the ResMed website wasn't helpful, but I found how to change those things above elsewhere on these forums.

Changed it to the above.

ResMed AirSense 11 users, hold down both My Options and My Sleep View for 3 seconds and a 'settings' will open up.

Will get a copy of my sleep study as soon as I can.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Deborah!

Thanks again for your help.  I have the sleep study and I had 22 Obstruction and 6 Central.
Post Reply Post Reply
You found the settings panel! Great. Post another Oscar night following @Deborah’s directions.
Post Reply Post Reply
            Thanks for your help HalfAsleep!   Dielaughing

After this night with her changes (8-14) and 3, I moved it down to 8-10 and had an awesome yesterday.  My few events seem to be centered around going to the bathroom.

The below files are with the 8-14 and 3.

I've also read the OSCAR chart organization on here so in the future I'll have it formatted like that.  Lot to learn!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Night 1 OSCAR Data Interpretation Stuartt 10 174 Yesterday, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Stuartt
  [CPAP] OSCAR Interpretation - UARS? ilikecars 12 590 08-27-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  Help with data interpretation Manchester9 10 318 08-26-2024, 09:02 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  looking for interpretation snuffman 1 161 08-23-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  First night with data / OSCAR interpretation? goodmorning 6 434 08-20-2024, 05:22 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Recent AHI increase - OSCAR interpretation please jkbp03 4 185 08-13-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Newbie data interpretation zseeker 1 165 08-13-2024, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.