Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR on COPILOT PC with SNAPDRAGON Elite X?
OSCAR on COPILOT PC with SNAPDRAGON Elite X?
Hi,

Has anyone been able to install OSCAR on a laptop that uses a SNAPDRAGON X Elite? I tried today (got a great deal on it and it ROCKS!!!!). Only problem is that there are two applications that I cannot install.  One of the is OSCAR (the other one is XLIGHTS). 

I tried changing the emulation settings but it fails after the language selection.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR on COPILOT PC with SNAPDRAGON Elite X?
it's the new arm based chip right? did you try the arm-based chromebook version?

edit: nvm i don't think it'll work. doesn't look like there's an emulator or anything like that for chromeos yet
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ericleco! - Welcome
You will need a Linux emulator on your laptop to use OSCAR. I am moving your thread over to the Software Forum, since it isn't CPAP related.

Good luck!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
stevessteves found he can install the 32 bit version of OSCAR.

I think why the x64 code isn't working may be due to the Inno Installer script options (looked at the source code)... which I went into more detail in that thread (which I can't post links to as new user) which I think explicitly checks for x64 architecture, stopping the x64 installation.
Post Reply Post Reply
The .pro file is only used at the time of compiling the source code. Its purpose is to provide the compiler build instructions. It is not present in the installation phase.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I've PMed on several topics, I was refering to the BuildInstall.iss for this issue.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't install OSCAR on new laptop with Snapdragon processor stevessteves 5 223 10-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: cjw29
  Rainout on Resmed airsense elite BrianBrampton 0 626 01-13-2022, 10:30 AM
Last Post: BrianBrampton
  Daily Advanced charts not visible from AS10 (Elite) StuartC 5 1,072 11-23-2021, 03:34 PM
Last Post: StuartC
  canI import Resmed S9 data into an Airsense 10 Elite file? Bugeyes 2 903 06-03-2020, 04:34 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  Resscan 6.0 connect to AirSense 10 Elite Antiexorcist 3 1,333 01-21-2020, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Osiris357
  SD Card for ResMed AirSense 10 Elite Lowhypopnea 1 1,766 11-02-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Auto Start S9 Elite VS Autoset dtech99 7 2,352 03-23-2017, 08:23 PM
Last Post: dtech99

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.