Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Dashboard Appears Frozen
Oscar Dashboard Appears Frozen
I have been using the site since August 2023. The site has worked flawlessly for me since then.

I successfully imported from my SD card to the software on 10/19. When I tried to load again, the site gives me the usual graphic window indicating that my profile was loaded. I am now presented with the screen as attached. Unfortunately, when navigating on the site, none of the presented options are functional. I have included a screen shot for reference.

I am unable to (1) select my profile or (2) proceed to the Doomsday Scenario and destroy my profile.

Corrupted? If so, how should I proceed?

Thank you,     

Guillermo
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar Dashboard Appears Frozen
Hi ggs5!  -  Welcome

I would first upgrade to the newest version of OSCAR, version 1.5.1.  

As far as troubleshooting:
  • Go to Help > About OSCAR and select the blue words, "Show data folder", on the right side of the popup window. Make sure this is the same path as your OSCAR_Data folder location.  If not, either move the data folder to that location, or redirect OSCAR to the correct path. If the latter is desired, we'll save that for another post.

• Try creating a new profile.  See if that corrects your problem.  If so, then your old one is possibly corrupted.  Don't try deleting your old profile just yet.
Keep us updated of any successes or failures.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Show Data Folder coincides with the actual location. When I open the log file, it shows that it was modified today. I assume when I tried to upload the SD card files this morning.

When I Check for Updates, I get a message indicating I am running the latest, i.e., 1.4.0.

Is there an alternate way to update?
Post Reply Post Reply
In between versions 1.4 and 1.5, the Sleepfiles URL switched to a "https" secure site.  This broke the prior versions from being able to check for updates.  As far as getting an update, either the link in my post or the link at the top of every page, labeled "OSCAR", will take you to the OSCAR download page.

Again, here is the quick link:  OSCAR, version 1.5.1

Since the data folder is where it should be, try creating a new profile.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, back to normal.

I upgraded to 1.5.1. The software presented the same screen where none of the presented options were actionable. I was not able to figure out how to create a new profile with the software semi frozen.

I spent some time on the internet and found a thread which suggested confirming the status of the "Graphics Engine".

It was set of "Software Engine", so I changed it to 'Open GL".

The software now operated as normal. I did have to repoint for my O2 data.

Thanks for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR is Frozen oconnellrp 5 433 08-11-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: oconnellrp
  OSCAR frozen after O2Ring data update doulman 29 2,682 03-11-2023, 01:17 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
Exclaimation OSCAR appears crashing on start B1Sailor 12 1,353 09-25-2022, 09:46 AM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  AirSense 11 Stat Compliance Appears Wrong [solved] WIN4US 3 3,454 12-13-2021, 01:24 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Resmed Autoset 10 appears as Philips in Profile adrmannyc 2 840 07-02-2021, 04:47 PM
Last Post: adrmannyc
  Dumb questions Toolbar frozen & imgur CZOscar 7 2,024 10-29-2017, 10:33 AM
Last Post: CZOscar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.