Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

LyndMc - ResMed 11 Therapy Help
RE: ResMed 11 struggles
I forgot to mention that Supplier #28 can replace the blower motor, reset the run hours and recalibrate your CPAP for around $220.  That's a pretty good price for basically a new CPAP.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found that I can buy a replacement motor for my 10 for $80, but I don’t think that just anyone can reset the motor hour warning. My 10 is my travel/backup machine now, I’ll run it till it dies a day or so a month.

I did get a 64gb SD card today and I just plugged it in. I’ll be interested to see what data gets collected.
Post Reply Post Reply
Major progress last night, maybe someone can explain. 

I replaced the smaller diameter heated hose with my larger diameter non-heated hose, I slept like a baby! 

This is the first time since I’ve owned the 11 that I had a good night sleep. The pressure was comfortable, my chest doesn’t hurt, and leakage was almost non existent! I would say that my experience was 99% of my 10 unit that was so comfortable. 

I also used my Phillips comfort gel mask last night. I’ve tried it with my 11 in the past and it didn’t resolve the issue, therefore the hose is the problem. Tonight I’m going to try the old hose with the new N20 mask and see what happens.

Obviously I lost heat in the hose and I didn’t alter the humidifier settings. Instead of going through an entire tank of water, I went through 1/3 of a tank. I’ll have to see if it defaulted to manual humidifier without the heated tube.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can’t sleep with heated hose, unheated hose all good
My new ResMed 11 came with a heated hose, my 10 had a regular hose. The heated hose is a smaller diameter than the unheated hose.

As many have read, I’m really struggling with my new 11. I’ve tried a lot of things to try and get the same comfort I had with my ResMed 10. I wake with sore chest muscles from resistance and I wake up kinda panting feeling like my breathing has been restricted. 

Recently I removed my heated hose and put on my non heated hose. To my surprise, that was the source of my issues. With the larger diameter non heated hose, my breathing is now comfortable. I no longer feel the restrictions that I felt before. I’m sleeping much better and feel much better when I wake up. I have not made any pressure or settings with the swapped hose. I’ve used both my Phillips comfort gel and my new ResMed N20 masks with the old hose, the results are the same.

Can anyone explain why this is? It’s got to be related to flow and/or velocity. I’m also loving the fact that I can set my humidifier on 4 and the water lasts a few days rather than running out of water every day after 8 hours and a few minutes. I am struggling with occasional dry mouth with this new setup, so it’s all part of the process.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: LyndMc - ResMed 11 Therapy Help
LyndMc - - I have merged your 2 threads that relate to your CPAP journey.  It makes it easier for those that offer advice to see your history in one thread. To provide a more inclusive title, I have renamed it to "LyndMc - ResMed 11 Therapy Help".

Going forward, please use this thread to post your therapy related questions and OSCAR charts.

Thanks! Smile
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 1,266 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 11,539 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  ResMed AirCurve 10 CS Pacewave therapy - need help skyman77 5 1,096 09-13-2023, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  KC2684 - ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet Therapy Questions KC2684 4 675 03-17-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Spetzal's ResMed therapy spetzal 1 434 12-17-2022, 07:42 AM
Last Post: spetzal
  Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar Lorrubdb 395 23,846 06-21-2022, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Lorrubdb
  Resmed Airmini Therapy Data available? spacemanspiff 7 4,731 05-24-2018, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.