Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Owner - Knightsbridge Dual Chin Strap
Owner - Knightsbridge Dual Chin Strap
A while ago, there seemed to be a huge fiasco over a hostile takeover of this company and the owner posted here saying he was taking care of it.  Apparently, his Guatemalan business partner stole the company from under him and did major identity theft per all the posts here. The original owner promised they were setting up a new shop soon with production here in the U.S. and he was going to be sure all new products created incorporated all the changes he requested to be made at the time so the product would fit better.

I have not heard a single word about this since then.  Does anyone have a clue what's going on?  I need to re-order my chin strap now.  I would prefer to get the proper one with the changes that should have been made as there were certainly issues with their fitting chart in my opinion.  I love the product and it's very useful, but that part needed to be squared away better.

I had to make some modifications to what I purchased to get it to work, but it was better than not having one.  Going down to a size Large was impossible as the fit wasn't even close.  They dramatically shortened the length of the velcro pieces when going to Large and not just the cap size.  It was quite disappointing.  I am using the model with the ear cutouts (Air Deluxe).  I'm not sure that's the best route, but I liked the idea of more air circulation when I was sleeping.

I hope someone can provide clarity on this.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Owner - Knightsbridge Dual Chin Strap
Hi cmpman1974,

Thank you for inquiring.  Your timing is amazing ...

First of all, yes, I’m very sorry, it seems there was a mix-up with the strap lengths on the Air Deluxe about a year ago.  (I think the strap lengths of the Medium and Large got reversed, but I am not sure.)  If you or anybody bought it from my company before it was hijacked on October 6, 2023, I'll send you a replacement at no cost when we're back in operation in a few weeks.  And if you bought it from the counterfeiting organization we can set you right at roughly cost.  By the way, the legit url of my company is knightsbridgedualband.com but we were sabotaged so our site is still down (but hopefully not for much longer). 

Regarding your timing, it's a bit of a long story, but the day you posted was the day I filed a temporary restraining order (TRO) against the counterfeiter (who is using the hijacked url dualbandchinstrap.com), and also that day it became apparent that day that their “mailbox” limited liability corporation in the US (which utilizes the name of my company, i.e., Knightsbridge Sleep Solutions, typically with an appended “LLC”) is also trying to evade service of Summons so I filed documentation about that the same day, and a friend who rarely checks apneaboard.com  happened to look here and told me about your post that day.

As for the long story, briefly, all online assets and physical assets at the Guatemala production site were (allegedly) hijacked by the vice president of the company on October 6, 2023, which was about a week after I had returned to the US due to an aggressive lymphoma.  Maddeningly, it took me nearly a year to prepare and file the lawsuit since I was pretty incapacitated with the lymphoma and chemo for about 7 months, plus the guy (allegedly) hacked and sabotaged my other sources of revenues.  I use "allegedly" because the guy succeeded in intimidating the moderators here and on multiple sub-reddits to remove my posts providing public notice about this, so for a year he has been getting away with this.  And I should note that the counterfeiting organization altered the design of the Air Deluxe which will make it less effective, so customers are suffering from this too.  Once we are back in operation I will figure out a recovery program for people who bought the compromised-design products from them.

If you are interested in the gory details, it is all documented at https://pacer.uscourts.gov/  as federal lawsuit 4:24-cv-05826-HSG.  But easier, I have posted all the substantive documents on Dropbox at this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/tyil21wq2...delx6&dl=0
The Complaint (#10) and the supporting Declaration (#11a) and its exhibits (#11b) has all the details, but if you want a quicker overview look at Second TRO Memorandum (#18) and/or the supporting Declaration (#19a) and its exhibits (#19b).

Anyway, hopefully I will have some good news to post here soon.  If you want to order in the meantime you can call me at 415-812-6203.  (We are currently sold out of Medium and Large Air Deluxes but will have those back in stock in about a month.)

Kind regards,
Larry Shaw
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Larry for the update.  I look forward to hearing about the operational status once the website is up.  You must be correct that the Air Deluxe was messed up.  The proper head size for me based on the measuring specs online is certainly the XL, BUT oddly the back strap was way too loose to keep the chin strap on straight. I had to rig it up by sewing the strap a bit to shorten it for a tighter fit.  The Deluxe Air ear cutouts always seemed small and kind of scrape the ears at times causing discomfort. 

When I tried to go to a size L with the same product, it was a total disaster.  The two velcro straps couldn't barely even reach the velcro pad on the right side of the head.  Made no sense at all.  

Obviously there were some issues going on.  All that aside, I definitely praise the product and feel it's the best out there from an effectiveness standpoint relative to all I've trialed.  If those last issues could be resolved, wow would I be thrilled.  i realize every person is different with a different head size/shape, but something is off about the measuring model.  I would assume it was due to specs not being followed as you said.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been meaning to try the KB chinstrap as I cannot handle the heat from the other ones I've tried. Does it retain heat on the head and jaw?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2024, 10:46 PM)Phaleronic Wrote: I've been meaning to try the KB chinstrap as I cannot handle the heat from the other ones I've tried.  Does it retain heat on the head and jaw?

I do not find it bad at all.  Has a lot of breathability with the mesh design.  Jaw straps don't feel unnatural one bit to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2024, 10:56 PM)cmpman1974 Wrote: I do not find it bad at all.  Has a lot of breathability with the mesh design.  Jaw straps don't feel unnatural one bit to me.

Okay, thank you cmp Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I really appreciate you checking in and asking.

With regards to the design of the Air Deluxe, one of the purposes of my trip to Guatemala a year ago was to "dial in" the design and sizing issues.  The ear apertures weaken the structural integrity along a key line of force, so it is a challenge.  When we're back in business (hopefully soon) that will be one of the first issues to address.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Phaleronic,

I'm bald and I do notice that there is heat retention.  If you have hair, most of the heat retention will be simply because your hair is compressed against your head, rather than the heat retention due to the material itself.  But the mesh cap of the Premium will retain slightly less heat than the cotton cap of the Plus.  And the ear apertures of the Air Deluxe provide some additional breathability and therefore there is less heat retention with the Air Deluxe (which also has a mesh cap) than with the Premium.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is something I'd like to address explicitly rather than just providing links as I did above since it harms my reputation and that of the company and the product. The Our Story page that is (hopefully soon, was) posted on the counterfeiting website is well-written and might be convincing or at least sow doubt ... But no, the guy did not support the company himself for two years and I do not owe him some huge amount of money. That is documented in the Answer to Counter-Claim, which is document #15a of the Dropbox link posted above. And the Knightsbridge Dual Band was not invented while I was in Guatemala, and the guy played no role in its invention. As per paragraph 17 of the 2nd TRO Declaration (document #19a of the Dropbox link) and Exhibit TRO2-12.2 of document #19b, I invented the product while in the US.

Comically, as shown in Exhibit TRO2-12.1 of document #19b, the fabricated history he posted says an early prototype was an elastic band and a non-elastic band attached to, absurdly, a swim cap. Attaching a non-elastic band to an elastic cap defeats the whole purpose of having a non-elastic band. I.e., his lie exposes he fails to understand or appreciate even the basic physics of the invention.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2024, 11:58 PM)LaurenceShaw Wrote: Hi Phaleronic,

I'm bald and I do notice that there is heat retention.  If you have hair, most of the heat retention will be simply because your hair is compressed against your head, rather than the heat retention due to the material itself.  But the mesh cap of the Premium will retain slightly less heat than the cotton cap of the Plus.  And the ear apertures of the Air Deluxe provide some additional breathability and therefore there is less heat retention with the Air Deluxe (which also has a mesh cap) than with the Premium.

Thank you larry Wink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 11 1,006 Yesterday, 08:58 PM
Last Post: LaurenceShaw
  [Symptoms] Strap causes folliculitis sores fotoguy4u 9 14,375 09-24-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
Gross Back strap causing itchy scalp SuzieQsleep 1 139 09-21-2024, 11:19 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  How Are You Affected by Chin Tucking? BoxcarPete 6 1,252 09-06-2024, 03:47 AM
Last Post: Dodies
  Fixed Aerophagia using a Halo style chin strap ISeekRem 0 212 09-01-2024, 03:45 AM
Last Post: ISeekRem
  What works best? Chin strap or tape? JoshO71 7 380 08-30-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Chin Tucking as cause of apnea ejbpesca 122 10,354 08-04-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.