Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PacificNW - therapy thread
RE: PacificNW - therapy thread
Supplier #2 should be able to provide a second ASV for $1799 lightly used, or $2599 USD new. This would give you a full backup and you might be willing to travel with it. Did you get your first ASV in Canada? That's an outrageous price. I have been under the assumption that no one in Canada suffers from central apnea as there are no ASV machines dispensed. It's amazing.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The no ASV machines may only be true in Ontario, where it is not included in the ADP schedule, and my DME (at least) doesn't carry them.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
@pholynyk - thank you, will do! FYI in BC it is not covered with our provincial medical insurance as well and my sleep clinic had hard time finding an ASV machine. My work extended insurance though covered it no questions asked.

@sleeprider -the person I worked with at the Supplier #2 told me that the $1799.00 machine is no longer available and the new one was a bit steep for me after the holidays Smile And the trip is coming in Feb. So I decided that 10 AHI is way better than 50 and got a VAuto.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am looking forward to seeing the VAuto results with the new settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Inventory at Suppier #2 is constantly changing. ASk to be notified when an appropriate machine is received and they are usually helpful. These machines have been in much shorter supply since Covid.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow. Given I did not sleep well with a bit of cold, but wow!

@Sleeprider - Looking at the numbers above, perhaps I can get away with the VAuto? Going to try it tonight with the full face mask - feels like staffed nose and nasal mask is not the best combo.

As for the supplier - absolutely. I am not complaining, if something they were very helpful. Those machines come and go and it might be a good idea to grab one when they have it. I decided to wait for a week and the machine was gone by the time I decided to get it.
Central apnea can be related to COVID19?
Post Reply Post Reply
Assuming that Trigger is Very High, as mentioned earlier, and these results come consistently, I would say you have a pretty good backup plan.

BTW, the next release of OSCAR will display most of the therapy settings of the VAuto and other advanced machines.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2023, 10:30 AM)pholynyk Wrote: Assuming that Trigger is Very High, as mentioned earlier, and these results come consistently, I would say you have a pretty good backup plan.

BTW, the next release of OSCAR will display most of the therapy settings of the VAuto and other advanced machines.

The settings were as planned:

Max IPAP 13
Min EPAP 7
PS 4
Trigger: Very High
Cycle : Med

Absolutely! This is as good as I get it with ASV.

Thank you so much!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks very good and unexpected for someone using SV therapy. We have found the Vauto with very high trigger sensitivity has mitigated central apnea in many members, but most of those are not using ASV as their primary machine. Hopefully these very good results will hold up and the Vauto will work out for travel. With central apnea, it's going to take a few more sessions to draw conclusions.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Not bad for a machine that is not at all designed to treat flow limitations.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] eok361 - Therapy Thread eok361 98 5,764 Yesterday, 11:18 AM
Last Post: eok361
  HenryECole81 - Therapy Thread HenryECole81 25 494 09-06-2024, 05:28 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  NewlyDiagnosed therapy thread NewlyDiagnosed 124 4,886 09-06-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
Brick Cape67's Therapy Thread Cape67 6 277 09-06-2024, 11:09 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] xirokx - Therapy Thread xirokx 76 1,371 09-05-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread Abdulfakih 118 4,259 09-05-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Abdulfakih
  Auroraborealis Sleep Data thread - thoughts on hypoxemia Auroraborealis 8 135 09-05-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Auroraborealis

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.