Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips DreamWear love/hate
Philips DreamWear love/hate
Hello all,

I have a question relating to my DreamWear mask!

I've been recently diagnosed and have had my machine 3-4 weeks. Initially I fitted in well with the whole alien world of cpap, apart from one aspect: the front connector on certain masks. I love my ResMed P10 but am routinely fighting with the hose each night, something which snakes off to the side of the bed and catches on my arm and the frame. It makes a noise like a hacksaw when I turn over and drag it along the wood edge. It's even made its way into dreams as an unfriendly python  Unsure

I've bought a DreamWear to try as a replacement principally because it has a top connector. The mask fits perfectly, the hose never gets in the way, and I remember thinking, wow, freedom, so this is the one for me. Apart from one thing. Yup, there's always one thing.

The air I breath through the DreamWear is warm and feels like recirculated breath. On the P10, the air is the temperature of the room which, because it's England and it's the height of summer, is cool (lol). If I take deep breaths, the P10 will deliver a couple of moments of warmth for my next intake of air, but this quickly clears.

The DreamWear only ever delivers warm. I'm not idealogically opposed to warm air, but try as I might, I cannot get my brain to treat it as "fresh air". I have this growing sense of disquiet after a few minutes that I'm breathing in what I just exhaled, and end up switching back to the P10.

I've Googled for answers to this conundrum and have drawn a blank. Is it me, my mask, my setup?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips DreamWear love/hate
I have the Philips Dreamwear FFM for the exact same reasons you mentioned.  I'm about 3 weeks in and love it so far, but my mouth does get a little sweaty as I wear it.  However, I've always assumed that was because I had the humidifier of my machine on - set to the lowest level, but still on.  Is your machine's humidifier running?  Perhaps consider turning it down or maybe even off to see if that helps, though be careful turning it off completely and getting a dry nose/throat.

Also, is the Dreamwear cushion that you're using a nasal pillow like the P10?  If not, you'll want to go into the machine settings and change the mask type to match the style of mask you're currently using.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips DreamWear love/hate
I had the Dreamwear nasal pillows for almost 6 months trying to force myself to accept it. But in the end i just couldnt get past the feeling of breathing through a straw. If this is what you actually feel you should know that Dreamwear is a very restrictive mask. Thin air canals that doesent deliver much volume of air very well (atleast for my large lungs) and not very generous exhalation vents.

Im now trying the Resmed Airfit P30i and N30i and even if the mask isnt as small and well fitting as the Dreamwear i can actually breathe in this.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 68 9,942 10-02-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: btreger
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 3,002 416,641 10-02-2024, 06:56 AM
Last Post: CpapCamper
  UARS Treatment [Using Philips ASV] SenatorBirch 33 5,053 10-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: SenatorBirch
  Class Action settlement for Philips recall… robsmuir 0 181 09-24-2024, 01:21 PM
Last Post: robsmuir
  [CPAP] Got Oscar a few days ago, would love help understanding what i can fix DryWallProspector 5 203 09-22-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dreamwear nasal pillows vs. full face mask arnoblalam 1 159 09-22-2024, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
  How to turn Ramp OFF on Philips Dreamstation2 Mariesie 4 200 09-13-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Mariesie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.