Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Picked up ResMed 10 today, concerned about ability to reset flow rates
Picked up ResMed 10 today, concerned about ability to reset flow rates
It took a few weeks to go through insurance and the DME company, but I finally picked up the machine today.  The person who helped me was great, but one thing concerns me.  She said that if the flow rates had to be changed, the doctor would do it remotely.  I said that I wanted to control the settings myself.  She said that if I changed them, they would revert to the previous setting.  I went around on this a few times, never getting a satisfactory answer.  I'm hoping that she just didn't know what she was talking about here, but there's a nagging worry that somehow they've given me the wrong system.  I'm not sure if there are different versions of the ResMed 10.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Picked up ResMed 10 today, concerned about ability to reset flow rates
The doctors have the ability to change your settings remotely, but there's nothing stopping you from changing them yourself. Most of the Resmed Airsense 10s have a modem in them to connect to the cell network.

There is a version that only works with SD card called "card-to-cloud" version. Most people have the modem version of the machine. I'm not sure if the machine would revert to your doctors settings or not if you change them. Its actually not very hard to change your own settings and you can even unplug the modem on the inside of the machine if it becomes a problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.  There is a modem, and an SD slot, but she inserted an SD only after I asked. 

I don't even have a doctor.  I had an online home test from Lofta and their doctor 3000 miles away wrote the prescription.  I'm happy to hear that I'll be able to disable the modem at some point.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a feeling you won't have much of a problem with changing your numbers.

You should download OSCAR and start saving your data to it using the SD card. That way if they do mess with them, you'll have a record of the changes you made.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good idea!  I'll probably do that tomorrow.  Probably won't start using the machine until then.
Post Reply Post Reply
Something you can consider, write a letter revoking any and all direct or implied permissions to remotely change the CPAP machine settings. Give the DME and doctor each a copy. If they don't accept that arrangement, fire them.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the way you think!

But given the advice here, I think I'll be all right.  My experiences with the DME company have been good, and I liked the woman today very much.  The comment about not being able to control the settings was the only thing that concerned me. 

Thank you all for the reassurance!
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep us posted if we can help
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! I will definitely do that!
Post Reply Post Reply
If the DME notices the changes and resets them, just set them right back the way you want. IMO DME’s don’t have time to monitor everyone’s settings. They only really care if you’re compliant and your stats look pretty.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR 1, hight flow limit, but lots of CA throwaway1242 8 262 10-19-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Switched to full face mask last night. Flow limitation increased obstructedairway101 13 345 10-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: obstructedairway101
  [Symptoms] More Tired With Less Flow Limitations sowo123 3 246 10-10-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Leaks and Flow Rates cyberfiche 4 328 10-02-2024, 10:38 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Weird Flow Rate Pattern Started 3 days ago Dodies 2 168 09-30-2024, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Dodies
  is this flow limitation? shyguy 2 314 09-30-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: shyguy
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 114 14,448 09-29-2024, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Fixit50

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.