Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with treatment review
RE: Please help with treatment review
Thanks for posting this. I use a For Her machine and found the video very interesting. My pressure usually averages about 12 or just over most of the time so I'm not getting the use of that algorithm anyway. Think I will do some pressure adjustments on the regular Auto and see what happens. In the past I have needed higher pressure to try and keep hypopneas down. I have had only a couple of OA's since last March so have nothing to check my charts against what I learned in the video--have more scattered CA's.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome!
I'm constantly looking for help. I can count on the fingers of both hands the days I've felt rested and satisfied with sleep. That's over more than 35 years of cpap use.
After I watched the video I checked. I switched from apap "for him" with my S10 to cpap to see if there's a difference. First night I felt better. Last night, this morning, I felt like ....
I have had real trouble with sleep since beginning of April when our Golden Retriever passed away. R.I.P. Morgan. Our aggressive Springer Spaniel puppy hasn't helped yet.

DaveL
Toronto

There are so many factors that affect quality of sleep. That's why I've started threads hoping about sleep quality. No interest. I quit.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder if this is solvable.

Is it arousal recovery breathing?

Is it positional?

Knightsbridge Dual Band cap
ResMed N30i mask

terrible sleep last night.

DaveL

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Mask issue solved for now.
As my nose has healed, I can use my N20 again.
If I have issues, I can use
* N30i, or
* P30i, or
F&P Evora Full which is the worst choice of the 3.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Refreshed.
In bed at 11:30 p.m.  P30i mask on; lip tape.  Cervical collar on--my home made one.

Woke about 5:45 a.m.

No mask; machine off. Tape off. My home made pad still on.

Machine was on for 2 hours 22 minutes. Guess that was when I took the mask off.

Put the mask on, and machine on until alarm went off at 6:30 a.m.  Couldn't sleep.

DaveL
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
It's a CPAP thing

Slept until about 5:15 a.m.
Got up to go to the WC
Disconnected my mask...

Finished.
Had to sneeze....
pulled off my Knightsbridge Dual Band cap fast; took off my N20 mask fast.
Sneezed just in time....

It's dark out.
Left my KDB cap off
Took off my cervical collar
Put my mask back on
Turned on my S10 *for her*

Darn. Smelled awful. I had forgotten to fill the humidifier reservoir and it had boiled dry
Turned off my machine.
Took off my mask.

Tried to sleep until the alarm went off.
Couldn't

Gall Darn Ratsinfratz

People that design, or prescribe, or fit this stuff should have to wear it for 8 hours a night for a month to see how they like it. How did people survive before OSA was invented, and someone decided, "let's prescribe equipment to fix this! People might die!"

DaveL
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Dave
I hear ya.

Someone should hide all the CPAP inventor's spoons.

Sleep quality....  we know all those sleep hygiene things. But, then we have to put on that goshdarn mask (and chin strap and tape and blah blah blah). 
How is it even possible to have quality sleep with all that?!
But, we know how bad the alternative is too.

Every human body is different but we all need good sleep. That is the constant. Sometimes it's just our brain getting in the way.

What can you do to calm your awake state to improve your sleep state?

I've recently started trying 15 mins of gentle stretches and deep breathing right before bed. Ignore the world and just focus on how my body feels.
Can't say it's working yet. 

All my sympathy for your loss of Morgan. Losing a dear pet creates such a quiet hole in your home. <3
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Brazen. Your comments mean a lot.

Much appreciated. Meditation. I don't do that now. Should again. After last night I was ready to put all that stuff in a box and send it for recycling.

Morgan was a delight. Our 5th Golden Retriever. I thought she would outlive me! She was almost a care dog! She would respond so well. (I'd call "find me", and she would. Or "help me up" and she would. Or "take me home" and she would.)

(Winston. 10-1/2; Bentley. 12-1/2; Quin. 14; Sir Charlot 16-1/2; and our wonderful holistic vet passed away. Morgan. 10) All family. R.I.P.
Royce will be wonderful. He's approaching 6 months. Springer Spaniel.

DaveL
Toronto
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
@Dave

Goldens are just a special brand of sweetness and it's awesome you've had so many in your life.
Nothing better than the love of a good dog.

Royce will be wonderful, just gotta get through the puppy-crazies! lol

I share my life with my sweet Rafi, he just turned 8 yrs old. He is nothing but love. Derpy, goofy love. 
I rescued him at 5 weeks and can't imagine life without him. I assumed he was a mix breed mutt, recently had him DNA tested and turns out he's 100% American Pit Bull Terrier. I apologized profusely for offending his purebred highness like that! Tongue
Post Reply Post Reply
Rafi sounds so special!

I read a book some time ago,  "No Bad Dogs", by Barbara Woodhouse.  She was a dog and horse whisperer who has passed.

DaveL

(time to read that book again. ;Wink  )
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] APAP Settings Review falcon940 2 183 10-23-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: falcon940
  ac123 Treatment Thoughts/Help ac123 25 1,547 10-23-2024, 12:47 PM
Last Post: ac123
  SleepyCPAP’s Treatment Thread - Palatal Prolapse AlaxoStent SleepyCPAP 103 14,491 10-22-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: fudo
  Review My Oscar Data; Any Recommendations? Websurfer49 1 111 10-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Help With CPAP Treatment (Oscar Help) Bosox6177 2 149 10-19-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bosox6177
Question Central Apnea - Treatment Emergent vs Altitude ausername 4 243 10-17-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Thumbsup [Diagnosis] New issues after 4 years of treatment Compton2233 4 248 10-17-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Compton2233

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.