Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ac123 Treatment Thoughts/Help
RE: ac123 Treatment Thoughts/Help
I wonder if this area before 01:05 is a Positional Apnea episode. Certainly, it's clustered events. Try reading up on the subject in our wiki HERE.

Check how thick the pillow is you're using. Multiple pillows will promote airway kinking. Airway kink is what happens during Positional Apnea. Think about the scene, Grandpa fell asleep in the recliner watching TV. His head is flopped over into his chest, snoring a forest of logs. His chin tuck is creating an airway restriction.

If this applies to you, then you need to externally prevent the chin tuck. Either a thin pillow or a soft cervical collar may be needed.

My opinion, even at 3.x CA, given certain circumstances, isn't too high to oppose the treatment of other events. Some of the CA you present might be simple breath holds.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ac123 Treatment Thoughts/Help
Thank you, I will check that out!

I purchased a CPAP pillow (this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084R7...UTF8&psc=1) thinking it would help me prevent knocking off the mask when I toss and turn (I also ended up switching masks to one that attaches on top of the head). I'm using the thinner option on the pillow. I have occasionally found myself laying on the hose which could be an issue here. I am a very active sleeper (have been my whole life) so basically no matter what I do I have to be able to compensate for tossing and turning.

My sleep study actually didn't have much difference between positions (not saying that isn't it) but did have a huge jump during REM sleep compared to non-REM.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Central Apnea - Treatment Emergent vs Altitude ausername 3 54 1 hour ago
Last Post: ausername
  treatment-emergent central apnea? CyberSparrow 2 225 10-06-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: CyberSparrow
  Seeking Treatment Advice Please rosetech 3 239 10-03-2024, 04:05 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  1 Week in - Treatment regimen central apnea? mikaelbb 3 246 10-03-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  UARS Treatment [Using Philips ASV] SenatorBirch 33 5,211 10-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: SenatorBirch
  TreatmenT emergent central apnea Stracky 9 402 09-25-2024, 10:56 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 881 68,178 09-25-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.