Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

From Apap to CPAP
From Apap to CPAP
Hello,

I noticed the doctor in my prescription to the vendor made this request. The vendor gave me the Resmed 10 Autoset CPAP machine, with default settings and set not to worry about the change as this machine takes care automatically.  So, i changed the Resmed settings for Min and Max Pressure to 6 and 16. After 2 week of usage I see only some CA events left at around 1.6

Should I change the start pressure value (not the min. pressure one) from 4 to 6 also? What is the difference between Min. pressure in Auto feature and Start pressure in this machine?

In this 2 weeks of usage, It seems like my P90-95 seems to be 9. Should I change the Resmed from Auto to Cpap mode at 9, based on the recommendation below, or just leave it in Auto?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=54223]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: From Apap to CPAP
try it at 9 for a week and see what happens. you can always set it back.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: From Apap to CPAP
Your AHI looks good. If you feel well there may be no need to change anything although your min pressure is a little low. We will be able to tell more if you post a daily OSCAR chart organized as described in the links below. It would also be helpful if you update your profile.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation Auto BiPAP to APAP? indreams 0 21 1 hour ago
Last Post: indreams
  APAP- High Pressure Waking Me in the middle of the night HanoverTime 6 199 09-30-2024, 11:57 PM
Last Post: AshSF
  CPAP/APAP data review Robert Detz 1 118 09-25-2024, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Pressure settings on APAP - Morning Headaches Jhlopez 0 111 09-24-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Jhlopez
  Simulate BiPAP with APAP for more data – Need Advice cyberfiche 3 193 09-17-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: cyberfiche
  APAP VS AP Dynamic larrygreg 14 775 09-15-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Question [Symptoms] Waking up every 3-4 hours with APAP gabitzu 6 318 09-15-2024, 09:06 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.