Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just received Phillips refurb ASV machine - options?
Just received Phillips refurb ASV machine - options?
Greetings. I just, after many years, received a refurbished DreamStation BiPAP autoSV, DS replacing my recalled System One ASV.  Now that I know it is a refurbished out of date machine even including instructions to "make sure it looks clean", I no longer trust Phillips and am not interested in using the machine. What are my options for moving it on? Donation, sale on a CPAP buying site, throw it away, send it back to the company? Thanks for helping me understand what my options are? What a debacle this has been. Should have taken the $50, alas.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just received Phillips refurb ASV machine - options?
Consider these options…
  • Keep it as a backup
  • Donate to Reggie White Foundation or American Sleep Apnea Association
  • Sell on Facebook marketplace or Craigslist
Post Reply Post Reply
For 7 years I have been using a philips ASV device.The offer made to me by philips in Turkey is the reimbursement of the invoice price on the date of purchase.However, due to the exchange rate difference, I now have to pay 4 times more to buy an ASV device.So I bought a Löwenstein 25 ST device. The AHI is around 3-4 with this device as well.I have a good quality sleep for now.Epap max: 13, Epap min 10 ps min/max: 3.Actually, I have been thinking that ASV is not suitable for me since I started therapy.I can't take a sleep test again because I can't sleep in the hospital. 7 years ago I couldn't sleep and left the test unfinished. In the PSG, which was not done properly, about 30 CA were detected.
Löwenstein is really a quality device.I am just starting to get to know and learn.I have learned a lot about clinical settings from the forum.prisma TS gives enough information, although not as much as oscar.But oscar sometimes gives erroneous data.
What I want to ask:
-should I return the Phillips ASV for a small payment or keep it as a spare? In this case the compressor needs to be replaced after a while. Can I get it from China?
-löwenstein has many modes including ST. (Auto, autoS, T,) Should I try it in another mode other than ST mode?
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep the Philips as a spare, it should have several more seasons left in it.

Use that Lowenstein, keep us posted as to how your therapy is going.  

I have heard good things about Lowenstein. We need more Lowenstein users to build our group knowledge of their features and strengths, So report back often.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just Received Respironics Email mrmagloo 3 283 07-26-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 294 273,031 06-22-2024, 09:49 PM
Last Post: Cape67
  Has anyone received Medicare reimbursement for purchased CPAP or subsequent supplies? gbecsi 6 429 06-01-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: ischua
Question [Diagnosis] Have I missed anything for testing or treatment options? ac123 11 528 05-17-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: ac123
  Backup power options for CPAP machines terp1984 48 16,685 05-03-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: terp1984
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 374 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 507 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.