Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] 3 months on CPAP, results have been mixed
RE: 3 months on CPAP, results have been mixed
I set my minimum to 8, and turned off EPR. Last night I also started using a Fisher & Paykel Solo Nasal Mask

4 obstructive events, 25 Clear airway events, and 3 Hypopnea events (less familiar with those events). I partially taped my mouth shut, At 4:30 I woke up with dry mouth, so air must have been escaping out my mouth at some points, I got up to rinse my mouth and went back to sleep without the cpap.

sidenote: You guys are saints for taking the time out of your day to help people with this stuff, seriously.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your charts look better, less pressure increase - more restful nights.  The centrals are really nothing we can help with your pap machine.  Your sleep study did not tell as much as I had hoped.  It did not show how many centrals you had so it is hard to know is these are completely treatment emergent.  But we will assume they are because there was no check mark on centrals.  That means that it will take a while for your body to get use to the therapy.  As your body does the centrals should lessen.  That takes several weeks.  If you are feeling ok, I would leave the settings alone for a while and focus on how you feel. That is of course the whole reason to be on pap therapy, is to feel better.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to put the SD card back in my CPAP this time, I'll get some more data soon.
The last few nights have been Events Per Hour of about ~2.2, the myair app doesn't give me more information about what those events were.
This morning I did feel more rested than usual, will have to continue to see if it was a fluke, but I will definitely keep my minimum at 8 for now.

With this new setting I have horrible dry mouth. I used to think that dry mouth was caused by my mouth opening and air flowing out, but even with my mouth taped I'm still waking up dry. I guess having the cpap at 8 all night is causing it. I think there is a setting I can turn on that doesn't go straight to minimum when I put the mask on, and I'm wondering if that will curb the dry mouth somewhat.
Post Reply Post Reply
what is your humidity set too?
Post Reply Post Reply
climate and tube temp are both on AUTO
Post Reply Post Reply
I too have dry mouth. I keep water by the bed with a straw. I wake 2 to 3 times a night and take a sip then go back to sleep.  Humidifier never helped but a quick sip does.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to all of this and would like help with my overnight oxygen test results Shannon80 0 37 7 hours ago
Last Post: Shannon80
  Second opinion on sleep study results? Trimochio 2 113 Yesterday, 11:59 AM
Last Post: winterwaveforms
  2.5 months into using CPAP, looking for possible adjustment recconendations. macaronno336 22 652 Yesterday, 11:29 AM
Last Post: macaronno336
  Aerophagia - Gassy - 5+ months now apneavolt 2 158 10-14-2024, 09:43 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  [Symptoms] Help with OSCAR Results - headaches and fatigue SleepyinCincy 9 229 10-13-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Please interpret my Sleep Study Results for Central/Mixed Apnea at 4% desaturated lvl memoryNada786 6 230 10-13-2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: memoryNada786
  Help with OSCAR Results malaise 5 145 10-12-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.