Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Clear Airway (CA) apneas too high
Clear Airway (CA) apneas too high
[attachment=58367][attachment=58367][attachment=58368][attachment=58367]

How do I reduce these Clear Airway apneas? I am at 7-15 pressure settings, ramp off. Thanks a lot guys for helping me sleep!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Clear Airway (CA) apneas too high
In the 2 charts where you slept over 11 hours, or at least that's the length recorded, you had about 7 CA flags in each chart.

Were they real CA? Don't know.

Are they needing addressed? No.

They are not high enough to sacrifice the therapy that on the charts looks good.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As Sarcastic Dave says, your CAs are nothing to worry about. It is normal to have some most nights. When we sigh deeply in our sleep, or have some arousal breathing, we often pause our breathing afterwards, and if the pause is 10 seconds or longer, that gets flagged as a CA. If you zoom in on your events, you can probably see this for yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
You only have CAs on two of those five days, and even those are not enough to worry about.  There are no changes you can make to your settings that will lower CAs.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Very high amounts of periodic breathing / CSR ? gregbe2000 32 759 1 hour ago
Last Post: gregbe2000
  Increase in Central Apneas Luna G3 PAP Link Data thowle 8 204 10-01-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  APAP- High Pressure Waking Me in the middle of the night HanoverTime 6 203 09-30-2024, 11:57 PM
Last Post: AshSF
  Need help with increased Clear Airway events zood 7 375 09-30-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: zood
  High Apnea for two hours Martyapnea 2 142 09-25-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Narrowing airway needs increased pressure? THEVGE 0 106 09-25-2024, 01:15 AM
Last Post: THEVGE
  [CPAP] AHI suddenly high as well as PB and variable breathing tresero 5 229 09-24-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: tresero

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.