Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] VINEDIGGER - Therapy Thread
RE: VINEDIGGER - Therapy Thread
Your 3 threads were related to your therapy.  For this reason, I have merged them.  This provides the reader a history of your past settings and results.  Having the ability to see past attempts and their results will help to form better recommendations.  Please use this thread for all your therapy related posts. I have changed the thread title to, VINEDIGGER - Therapy Thread to be more inclusive.

Also, I highly suggest you use the F12 key to take your screenshots. Your calendar is taking up valuable space.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2024, 02:00 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Your 3 threads were related to your therapy.  For this reason, I have merged them.  This provides the reader a history of your past settings and results.  Having the ability to see past attempts and their results will help to form better recommendations.  Please use this thread for all your therapy related posts. I have changed the thread title to, VINEDIGGER - Therapy Thread to be more inclusive.

Also, I highly suggest you use the F12 key to take your screenshots. Your calendar is taking up valuable space.
- Red

THANK YOU. I WILL USE F12 NEXT TIME

I hope someone would guide me on how to benifit from this machine ( resmed lumis 150 st) as a bipap option. in the s mode or ivaps maybe i dont know.
Post Reply Post Reply
Which model Lumis? The Lumis machines are typically used by patients requiring ventilator assistance with breathing whilst asleep.

I have no idea how or even if it can mimic the Vauto. Maybe someone else knows how to do so.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your screenshots indicate it is Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset, and not an ST or iVAPS.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2024, 04:23 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Your screenshots indicate it is Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset, and not an ST or iVAPS.
- Red

I have screen shots in the previous page. I have lumis 150 st to use it as a bipap because it has S mode which is normal bipap mode.

(06-27-2024, 03:35 PM)PeaceLoveAndPizza Wrote: Which model Lumis? The Lumis machines are typically used by patients requiring ventilator assistance with breathing whilst asleep.

I have no idea how or even if it can mimic the Vauto. Maybe someone else knows how to do so.

In the previous page i have screenshots. It is a lumis 150 st. I want to use its ( S MODE ) AS BIPAP. Its the same as aircurve 10 s. I coulnt find aircurve vauto in my country thats why i bought this one to use it as a bilevel.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are multiple bilevel modes. Auto, CPAP, S, are what the Vauto has available. The ST in S mode should be similar to the Vauto S mode, but I have not personally mucked around with it.

What you can try is the following:

Mode S
EPAP 8
IPAP 12
Trigger high
TImax 2.5s
No ramp

That should be enough to get started. We will likely have to adjust the EPAP and IPAP further, but let’s see how you do with those settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, you've gotten the International equal to the US ST-A it seems. Most of these modes will probably be over the top for you, S being I think closest.

If this is true, you'll have I think static EPAP and IPAP, somewhat like ST which is probably not ideal.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Where did your last screenshot come from? I was basing my last post on that image. That image clearly states it is a Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2024, 04:59 PM)PeaceLoveAndPizza Wrote: There are multiple bilevel modes. Auto, CPAP, S, are what the Vauto has available. The ST in S mode should be similar to the Vauto S mode, but I have not personally mucked around with it.

What you can try is the following:

Mode S
EPAP 8
IPAP 12
Trigger high
TImax 2.5s
No ramp

That should be enough to get started. We will likely have to adjust the EPAP and IPAP further, but let’s see how you do with those settings.

Thank you so much. I will do that. and what about rise time ? I set it yesterday to 500ms for smooth pressure change frop epap to ipap. Does it have an effect on the therapy ?
Post Reply Post Reply
The image within post #18 shows some sort of bilevel with timing controls. The typical at least for US, gold name in the lower right corner is missing.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread Abdulfakih 124 5,283 3 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 3,002 416,112 Today, 06:56 AM
Last Post: CpapCamper
  MildOSAHighRera's therapy tuning thread MildOSAHighRera 17 1,233 09-30-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: THEVGE
  HenryECole81 - Therapy Thread HenryECole81 31 1,032 09-29-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] TinySteve - Therapy Thread TinySteve 14 711 09-26-2024, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  evanms17 Therapy Thread evanms17 24 1,426 09-24-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: evanms17
  MadFox - Therapy Help Thread MadFox 17 901 09-24-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: MadFox

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.