Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] effect of humidification on felt CPAP pressure?
effect of humidification on felt CPAP pressure?
I am wondering if there is any known effect of using humidification on the felt pressure of the CPAP. Does using humification increase how the pressure is felt?

I had used humidification during my trial period (with ResMed AirSense 10 and Lowenstein Prisma 20A), but after purchasing my own machine, I couldn't get the heated tube for it right away, so I went without it. I didn't really experience any problems.  
I just recently got the heated tube and started using it. I have tried humidity levels 3, then 4, then 1. At all levels I am experiencing increased aerophagia/bloating. I didn't change my CPAP pressure, so I am wondering if there is some interaction that I didn't anticipate?

Should I try reducing my CPAP pressure in response to this and see if it helps?

I thought humidity was supposed to help with comfort, but it is definitely making things more uncomfortable. Sad Looking for any insights you all might have.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: effect of humidification on felt CPAP pressure?
I have been using cpap for about 35 years and always used a humidifier.  About 4 years ago I did not use a humidifier in Las Vegas.  It was better for me and I have not used one after that.   I live in a simi-arid area of colorado and don't miss it at all.  If you don't use one it is just one less thing to worry about.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  should I use cpap pressure over autoset Person 16 610 10-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to CPAP, changed min pressure to 7, need suggestions? namastelondon235 5 147 10-19-2024, 01:38 PM
  personal effect of soft cervical collar eok361 5 316 09-26-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Dodies
  What generally are the first pressure settings for a new CPAP user ? Tenley 5 505 09-07-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Jay51
Video [Pressure] Changing pressure on cpap fudo 3 225 08-25-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: fudo
  Help adjusting CPAP--High Pressure Waking Me pharmdfl 3 340 08-25-2024, 12:26 PM
Question Z2 pressure vs Airsense11 pressure jwalker5 2 245 08-17-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: jwalker5

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.