Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sudden increase in central apneas
Question 
Sudden increase in central apneas
Hi! I've been using my APAP for the past 3 months and haven't really had any issues until this past week. I change my N20 cushion roughly every month and keep everything clean overall, with the exception of thinking that maybe something happened to my hose when I was cleaning it this past Sunday. I heard a crack when I was swinging it a bit to get water out but I haven't felt any leakage running my hand over the hose with the mask fit function, but I'm suspecting that it might be cracked somewhere and I have my replacement hose ready.

I don't usually have this many centrals in one night but I'm wondering if these are sigh-related or positional? I read another member's post regarding this but wanted some input. My pressure range is set from 7-13 cmH2O and I average around 8-10 cmH2O on a usual night, with an average AHI of 0.3. I was finally over the jaw clenching and having head/neck/back pain but it's come back this past week and I'm desperate for it to go away! Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sudden increase in central apneas
To begin with centrals are very inconsistent where one day you have some and another day you don't have many.   Also, we all have some centrals, that just means we have paused breathing or we are holding our breath.  Maybe you are turning over in bed or pulling up your blanket.  Next remember the event is not recorded if it is not at least 10 seconds in length, so if it were 9 seconds it would not be marked as a central, it would be counted probably as a flow limit.  You have less than one an hour so it is not really a big deal.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV: Central Apnea Not Relieved RVSleeper 50 1,914 09-13-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: RVSleeper
  transitional/sleep onset apneas after years of PAP gaspsalot 7 304 09-12-2024, 06:46 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Feeling bad despite all of my attempts.. And.. Central apneas. Preparedinho 39 1,800 09-10-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Treatment Emergent Central Apnea mikesj 13 643 09-09-2024, 07:10 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Oscar Missing Apneas or Cheyne Stokes? Westernsleep 2 150 09-05-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  central apneas after treatment none before jquintero 17 525 09-02-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [Equipment] Central sleep apnea - titration study didn't work blossom 1 179 08-30-2024, 11:55 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.