Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure to high?
Pressure to high?
Not sure if to high a pressure is a thing but I just cant get my AHI back down and it looks like it still gets close to my new high I was doing pretty good like 6-7 down from 98 looked for some advice how to hopefully make it to less than 1 adjusted a bit even 4 or 5 nights before I adjusting things just kept getting worse AHI wise I still feel like im sleeping for the most part and I do not wake up once in the middle of the night well not that I remember anyways heres the past 2 nights. I really hope I can figure this out. 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure to high?
To avoid these frequent pressure increases and have a less rugged night with a lesser number of OAs, you should set your minimum pressure to 12 cm. Depending on the outcome, further increase/tuning might be needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's possible for 2 things to be at play here. Central Apnea might be the issue, then also Positional Apnea might be at play.

Did you get your detailed copy of your sleep study? You will want it for your personal file. Secondly, you can post it redacted of personal info for us to help determine what's happening with the Central Apnea component. Specifically, I'm looking for the chart that tells the events type and count.

Positional Apnea is where your chin tucks towards your chest, physically restricting the airway. Possible reasons would be too thick of a pillow or a stack of them. If applicable, you'd want to reduce the stack or that failing to address the clusters of events shown above, you may need a soft cervical collar to prevent chin tuck.

Here's a link to the wiki on the Positional Apnea aspect.

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...onal_apnea
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I sleep with 1 very soft pillow I am almost flat on my back all night. Here is my initial study results again thanks for the help. I will adjust the minimum pressure tonight and get the collar ordered.

Post Reply Post Reply
This was a home test? Did it include an effort belt across the chest? CA doesn't appear to have been monitored.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This was an at home test with just a sensor on my fingertip and a snore sensor.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK copy. Are you up for a bit of a battle? I think you might want to request a physican ordered lab sleep study.

You'll possibly want to present this not so much with OSCAR data, not because we don't believe it, but the doctor possibly won't accept it.

Here's my suggestion, assuming true, you'll need to start complaining about the therapy not being as good as you hoped. You can say you machine indicates lots of events. Then ask about getting clarification with the lab test. The complaining thing entails only mentioning negative effects from Apnea therapy, also can be I thought this would be better, needing more restful sleep, etc. No suggestions about falsifying just a focus on negative.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds good Ill give it a shot I have my first follow up July 17th. Should I stop messing with settings till then? I'm sure im going to hear about it maybe I don't know lol. I have hit my deductible for the year already so hopefully I can get everything figured out in the 2nd half of the year lol.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well it's your choice about the settings you edited. Myself I was upfront, I told the doc "I changed x because this reason, when I did it made things better" and you can follow suit as you see fit. Insurance doesn't care how you set it, or who sets it, or even how many times it changed. Compliance is the time used needs met and that you say it's helping.

If you feel the need, feel free to keep editing to make it better if you want.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night with new settings and a soft cervical collar. 

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Very high amounts of periodic breathing / CSR ? gregbe2000 11 222 Yesterday, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Optimizing CPAP - high pressures adlondon 3 198 09-13-2024, 03:15 PM
Last Post: georgesadam
  pattern in high resolution mask pressure in resmed device rberry1 1 151 09-11-2024, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Is high pressure better - help to optimize grzkar 1 169 09-07-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [Equipment] High leakage for high pressure michaeljayb 5 215 09-01-2024, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New User 1 week, still high AHis, thoughts? JacksonMahoney 4 217 08-31-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Is it normal for Resmed 10 blowing noise to be very noticable at high pressure >13 snortle 4 258 08-29-2024, 09:49 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.