Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Transitioning from ResMed to Lowenstein Prisma 20A
Transitioning from ResMed to Lowenstein Prisma 20A
Hello Friends,

I am thinking of replacing my high mileage AirCurve 10 with the Lowenstein Prisma 20A

My current therapy is working well and my apnea/FL/hypopnea are all well controlled (AHI typically between 0.2 and 0.8) thanks to suggestions from members on this forum.

As the Prisma handles PS/EPR differently than the ResMed, does anyone have any recommended initial settings?

These are my current settings on the AC10.

PS 3.2
Min ePAP 6.2
Max iPAP 10.4
TiMax 3.4s
TiMin 0.3s
Cycle Medium
Trigger High

I realize this is a very narrow, 1cm, range for the APAP, but I had to do that as the AC10 would spike up too high too often when the max iPAP was set higher, disrupting my sleep. And this narrow range seems to be working though I know there are nights when a little more pressure might be beneficial.

Thanks much.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Transitioning from ResMed to Lowenstein Prisma 20A
Everything is working great with the Aircurve 10 Vauto, why would you switch horses? We have a great new wiki on Optimizing the Lowenstein PrismaSmart line, but few of us are as well equipped to help you match your results with the Resmed. My advise is to get a new Resmed Aircurve 10/11 to replace your current machine. If you want to research the settings on the Lowenstein, you can probably request the clinical manual for the device you're looking at.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Sleeprider. Excellent advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
looking at your settings better go for a bi-level machine again 

AirCurve 10 (bi level) to lowenstein prisma 25st or 25s

resmed airsense 10  (apap) to lowenstein prisma 20a. (apap)

i personaly tested resmed airsence 10 hated it (epr vs softpap for me epr sucks en softpap rocks)

loved the prisma 20a with 19/22mm so silent  with heated hose works great need scores

and was luckey to buy a lowenstein prisma 25st for a super low great price
better results with more comfort

so if you don't need or like to pay for a bi-level i must say the prisma 20a is a great machine 
is fully support in oscar 1.52 

slimline hoses are easier in use but the way the standard hose delivers the pressure loveing it

but it is all personal preference here in the netherlands the nice things was the supplier let me test some machines
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you bobgsm. After a lot of thought and research I did decide to go with the Prisma 20A. My PS needs are only 3.2 to 3.4 and it supports PS at 3.5 at 8cm and 4 at 12cm in tri-level mode so I should be good. Paying for it out of pocket so price was a factor in deciding between the 20A and the full Lowenstein bi-level/tri-level models.

It is scheduled to arrive today from Australia; I am looking forward to trying it tonight.

It comes with a 15mm heated hose. In your experience, was the standard 19/22 mm hose better than the 15mm slimline hose?  And if so, in what way?

thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
the way the air comes into your nose is more pleasant, at least for me, I bought both hoses and tried them out for a few weeks. And the 15mm hose is still good, 19/22mm feels better for me. don't forget to set up the machine for the right tube type.
Post Reply Post Reply
and happy with the machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, loving it. A really great machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lowenstein issues m162 4 122 Yesterday, 01:45 PM
Last Post: m162
  Weinmann / Löwenstein Prisma 20A Auto CPAP: APAP settings: standard vs. dynamic Costas P 7 12,695 09-12-2024, 09:22 AM
Last Post: donsburg
  [CPAP] OSCAR help adjusting pressure - Prisma smart georgesadam 6 227 09-06-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: georgesadam
  PRISMA CR ASV machine Arik 1 132 09-04-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help with OSCAR Report from Loewenstein Prisma Smart crunchy92 3 260 08-23-2024, 09:24 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Question [CPAP] Löwenstein Prisma Smart Max Jimmykrankie 7 2,627 08-16-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: 20000ie
  carnuntum - Switching from Prisma APAP to Aircurve bi-level therapy carnuntum 8 1,469 08-16-2024, 05:19 AM
Last Post: carnuntum

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.