Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] ResMed F40 Full Face Mask (* new *)
RE: ResMed F40 Full Face Mask (* new *)
Last night sucked! Even using my AirFit F30, it was bothersome. I only used it for a little over 2.5 hrs., and I took it off and went back to sleep. 

I have some nights like that. I showered and shaved prior to bed. Not sure if shaving irritated my skin somewhat, and the mask only added to the discomfort.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Per Post #81 by Big Guy, I think we all have had some odd, unexplainable, quirky nights with our masks. With my F30i, I would often wake up at 5 am and take off the mask because of discomfort and/or incessant leakage. Then I would fall back to sleep and wake around 7, and feel like that last 2 hours was the most refreshing part of my sleep.

So far, and with only a few nights with the F40, I have not found the need to do the same. Fingers are crossed that this will be the answer to all the other masks oddities and quirks.

I'll be posting a comprehensive review of the F40 once I log some meaningful hours on this thing. The good, the bad and everything in between. Hopefully it will help a few folks moving forward in their CPAP journeys.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going back to using my AirFit F40 mask tonight. As much as I like my F30, it's just not performing for me like it used to. The cushion is new and overall, is in like new condition. 

I washed the cushion well last night prior to going to bed. I still had too many leaks. Anyways, the F40 it is. I'm fortunate to have the F20, F30, and the F40 on hand to choose from.

I'm a notorious side-sleeper and mouth-breather. For so long, the F30 worked great. Now.....not so much.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure if it's just because it's hotter out or what, but I got in 1.5 hrs. of CPAP use last night, using my AirFit F40 mask. 

We had the bedroom window open with a box fan in it, pulling in some cool night air. We then had a wind storm blow thru, as it brought some rain with it. 

I had to get up and remove the fan and close the window. It was at that time that I took my mask off and called it quits for the night. Went back to bed and slept fine w/o my CPAP. 

Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going back to using my AirFit F30.  Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
According to an official notice on the Resmed Australia site, it will be released in Australia in the week beginning August 5th. About time!
Post Reply Post Reply
On third night with F40. Best mask out of 5. So glad to finally have a smaller mask that seals without super tight straps and headgear is easy to put on. And! off the top of my nose where a sore was forming from F20.
I only give suggestions from experience as a fellow CPAP user, not professional advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can I ask if you tighten both straps as tight as you can on F40?
I find it way more comfortable than f20 which also gave me nose sores on bridge of nose
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using the f40 for around a month now. I find I still need to tape my mouth or I wake up witha dry mouth.

I also have to put a narrow strip of cover roll stretch from yhe tip of my nose down to the top of my lip. Otherwise I end up with a bruise right at the base of the septum.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-25-2024, 03:34 PM)sleepingbetterinFl Wrote: Can I ask if you tighten both straps as tight as you can on F40?
I find it way more comfortable than f20 which also gave me nose sores on bridge of nose

So far the straps are not tightened fully on my F40.  I have the Standard head gear size and it is doing well so far with minimal tension on both sets of straps. It has been a relief to not have to strap a mask down so tight it hurts to keep it from leaking as needed with the F20.  I expect though, that after a couple of weeks, I will need to tighten the straps more.  It has been my experience that after two weeks all masks start losing their seal.
I only give suggestions from experience as a fellow CPAP user, not professional advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] New F&P Evora Full Face Mask yankees123 21 9,959 10-13-2024, 08:32 PM
Last Post: THEVGE
  [Product Review] Evora Full Face ejbpesca 4 770 10-03-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [split] F40 Full Face ejbpesca 1 254 09-09-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Product Review] Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask trish6hundred 54 31,347 08-13-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 7 7,964 05-04-2024, 02:49 PM
Last Post: BAZZA
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 29,858 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 12,642 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.