Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Purchasing a CPAP Machine from a Facebook Seller: Need Advice
Purchasing a CPAP Machine from a Facebook Seller: Need Advice
I see a highly-rated Facebook seller offering a CPAP machine from the United States. I intend to pay through PayPal and ask her to ship it from the USA to Canada. Is there anything I need to pay attention to?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Purchasing a CPAP Machine from a Facebook Seller: Need Advice
Total hours on it and if anyone smoked in the house.

Don't use PayPal friends and family. They'll ask you to do that because their seller fees are lower. The fees are lower because all that protection you have for something like receiving a box of shoes or a non working CPAP machine, goes out the window and you have no buyer protection at all. You're not sending bail money to cousin Joey, you're buying from a seller. Thus, use regular PayPal.

You might mention the make, model and total hours and price ($US) as people might opine on the value proposition. And what new in sealed bag supplies are included such as mask, cushions, tubing, humidifier tanks etc. Because while cleaning a hose is easy enough, I can't imagine I would ever use a used mask. And you will need a mask. A nasal headgear would be OK to some degree because you can buy just the nasal pillows.

It can't be too hard for a determined con artist to gin up a lot of positive reviews of that paragon of honesty, Facebook. How much weight to assign, plus an over the border deal, that would limit my interest.

Also check Kijiji for local offers. I paid CAD$600 for a ResMed Airsense 11 APAP with 67 hours on it, new headgear, spare tank and new hose in Toronto earlier this year. That's about US$435. And the seller delivered it to me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New CPAP user looking for optimization advice rococo.orchid 6 217 09-04-2024, 10:40 PM
Last Post: PlayerTwo
  Looking for advice for my settings Vyce 3 168 09-01-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Still fatigued with CPAP - looking for advice Zallomallo 7 273 08-31-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] (OSCAR) Results of first night with CPAP machine dnserror 1 158 08-29-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 295 276,116 08-29-2024, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Kamryn
  [Equipment] Looking to buy my own CPAP machine mrjeswan 5 292 08-28-2024, 06:43 AM
Last Post: FLcracker
  First Time Poster, need advice for new machine! kbjames 7 383 08-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.