Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube
Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube
Hi all --

In case anyone here uses the Hybernite Rainout control system (a standalone tube with a heater in it), do you happen to know if it runs a feedback loop that maintains the tube at a setpoint (e.g. 37C), or is it an "always on" heater? It is not clear from pictures online whether the ACDC brick just has 2 leads for 12V/2A, or if it has an additional lead for a sensor (the latter would indicate that is runs a feedback loop). If the Hybernite Rainout does not have thermostat, are there standalone tubes on the market that do?

Thank you in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube
I used to use the Hybernite years ago, when I was using the Resmed S8 Autoset II. It is either on or off, with no temperature control. I only used it the cold half of the year, and switched to standard tubing the warm half of the year. I've read reports of people connecting it to a rheostat to lower the heat, but I never tried it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube
Many thanks, big_dave! I also found from a blogpost that the ResMed heated tube has 4 pins two of which are for a 10kOhm thermistor and the other two are for power. Thus, it should be possible to make a PID loop with that one, in principle.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rainout pissing me off Vako 11 237 10-15-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Sudden rainout on AirSense 11 dovaleh 10 2,545 09-24-2024, 11:17 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Airfit P10 nasal pillow+tube > Resmed S11 heated tubing, which adapter? NightOwl42 8 536 07-25-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  CPAP Does Not Control Small Chokes Buitlear 28 2,920 07-19-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: nabilx
  Heated tube hevy6 1 265 06-22-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Rainout with no humidifier robulus 6 463 06-14-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: flanksinatra
  Need best way to secure my hose/tube sleepingbetterinFl 2 393 04-21-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.