Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recommendations based on data?
Recommendations based on data?
Howdy! I have been using CPAP/APAP for almost a decade, and it has helped my sleep a ton, but I would love to try to optimize it and get any advice folks have. A few things I've noticed:

1) If I sleep on my back, I tend to still snore a bit (according to my partner and machine data)
2) I usually have a few very brief awakenings a night, nothing major, if I sleep 8 hours I may wake up 2-4 times in that period and just roll over and go back to sleep, not sure if this indicates an issues or is normal though.

I have included data below - thanks so much!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Recommendations based on data?
Welcome

I suggest that you raise your starting pressure to 7.  Most adults find lower pressures leave them a little air-starved, and EPR (exhalation pressure relief) does not work properly.  It would also be good if you turn ramp off.  You get no real therapy during that time.

Your leaks are not terrible, but a little higher than we like to see them.  If you want to treat them, there are a couple of options.  Some folks wear a headpiece called the Knightsbridge Chin Strap and apparently, it helps.  Other chin straps are not good as they pull the jaw back rather than up.  A lot of us use mouth tape.  Many here like Cover Roll Stretch Tape, and it's inexpensive.  I prefer Theraband Kinesiology Tape, as I find it more comfortable, but it does cost more.

Also, you would help us help you if you set up your chart just a little differently.  We need to see the following items, in the order listed: Event Flags, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leak Rate, and Flow Limits.  We need to see to the very bottom of the Flow limits.

Good luck with improving your therapy and comfort!  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much! I will make those adjustments tonight and try them, and here is the flow limit chart as well, sorry I thought I had included it in original chart set Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
Your settings could be better. It is set to min 4 max 20 those settings is just the absolute lowest a machine can go (4) the the highest it can possibly go (20). In other words it was never set up that is how it comes in the box.

I would suggest the following settings

Min7
EPR FULLTIME
EPR 3
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Setting adjustment recommendations arichman 1 106 07-30-2024, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 58 3,625 07-25-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question [CPAP] Looking for advise based on my Oscar data Pogo007 3 156 07-25-2024, 01:09 AM
Last Post: Pogo007
Question Oscar Review and Setting recommendations kgtx 9 472 06-27-2024, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Thoughts and recommendations? High CA? JonathanBravo 8 458 06-19-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Recommendations on treatment sauerkraut 22 1,599 06-13-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need some help understanding flow limits based on my SleepHQ data Danno220 3 307 06-11-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.