Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed 11 Stopped Recording SD Card Data
ResMed 11 Stopped Recording SD Card Data
I experienced something strange last night. My ResMed 11 AirSense stopped recording data at 2:03 AM internal clock (3:03 DST) yet I used it through the night until 5:09 Am (6:09 DST) . I did wake up wide awake about that time but did not turn it off. MyAir (yes garbage data) shows the full time 7:19.  used as I checked as I know the few times I awakened, I could feel air coming out exhaust vents.  Anyone else have this happen? Do I need a new SD card? Plenty of space left on card. I did have a message about device diagnostic when I went to put SD card back, could that be the issue and why would that run during use time? This is the 1st time I have seen this but I did pick up a new machine as I sent back one for repair last Thursday so maybe it's the machine.  Anyone else experience this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed 11 Stopped Recording SD Card Data
I had something like this happen. The flow rate, mask pressure, Insp time and exp time all stop recording at the same time. Everything else in the charts kept going. I posted an Oscar chart but didn't get a response about it. It has happened twice to me in the last month or so.
Post Reply Post Reply
Turn off SmartStart.

Also IME if your mask is very leaky, the unit will stop recording to SD.
Post Reply Post Reply
This has been reported before. The remedy was to totally power down the AS11, insert the SD card, then apply the power.

I hope this may work for you.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I, for a change, started the machine with the power button, normally use smart start to allow turn on. Was trying to sync O2 monitor with APAP start. Smart Stop is off but will try turning smart start off as well. All data stopped at 3:03 DST on the SD card. The MyAir showed great mask fit, score was 100 so I don't link it was a large leak as I think that would have shown up prior to shut off if Smart Stop kicked in.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do I need to shut off power every time I take out the card to read it or just once to reset machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
Try it once and see if it corrects the problem. If it does, then plan on using this scenario in the future.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interestingly enough, It happened again last night, recorded a nap but no overnight data. I came back to this thread as I was looking for when it happened the last time. My hypothesis is that something hangs up the machine when the DME polls the machine for compliance data for reporting to the insurance company. So I may start putting it in airplane mode at the end of the month when sleeping and only allowing data to be pulled during no sleep times and unplugging/plugging back in machine before bed at end of month. We shall see.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a similar problem with an older SD card on my AirSense 11 where it stopped recording data for a bit during the night (but MyAir had the data) during the first week. In the second week, I grabbed a brand new (brand name, SanDisk) SD Card and didn’t have any issues for the rest of the month. I switched to AirCurve after that and haven’t had any issues with it either, using the new card. If all else fails for you, you may want to consider buying a new SD card. Two notes:

1. I have been using an “eZ Share WiFi SD Card Adapter” with the SanDisk card, and it has been much nicer for grabbing data from the device (just plug in the sd card and ignore). It is only about $30; I got mine from AliExpress. Also, note that there are other ones by brand names, but they are much more expensive. If you have a Windows machine, the PowerShell script below will turn on your Wi-Fi (if needed), connect to the card, grab data, disconnect Wi-Fi or reconnect to your old connected Wi-Fi, and has been working great.
 > https://github.com/dwbrott/ezfetch

2. If you don’t plan to use the Wi-Fi SD card adapter, you may also want to consider the official ResMed SD card. It is only $16 and probably has better support on ResMed devices (do note I didn’t get this though; any decent brand names are likely fine, avoid older cards and Chinese knock-offs - though I understand the eZ Share WiFi SD Card Adapter I’m using is a Chinese knock-off Too-funny ).

Post Reply Post Reply
I have a  Phillips card as that was what was sent via a DME. It hasn't hung up except the two times at the end of the month on the new ResMed AS 11 (used 38 days, 2 end of months), I had returned an AS 11 (Used 36 days, one short end of month, 1 full end of month) due to a faulty humidifier plate and didn't have a problem with that machine. And I used the same card in both. It recorded last night. 

I did order a wifi SD Card Adapter (different brand FOSA TF to SD Card WiFi Adapter, Memory Card Adapter with Wireless Transmission) and a Scandisk tf card from Amazon as the price was a bit lower than AliExpress and 2 day shipping and free returns on Amazon. 
Thanks for the suggestion as I didn't realize such a product existed. 
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card for Resmed airsense 11 buggy285 16 394 09-29-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: DraftZebra
  [CPAP] Where does the Resmed Airsense 11 store data? jefferyscott0 7 341 09-24-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Software for reading data on sd card Durro 1 152 09-22-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  reading data from resmed sd card Rodeo 5 264 09-08-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] SD Card - Airsense 11 - How do you know if data recorded dekory419 2 234 08-28-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: dekory419
  [CPAP] CPAP Stopped Recording; Due to Large Leak with new FFM? UsuallyTired 3 275 07-31-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Understanding Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome (UARS) Through ResMed CPAP Data chacha897d 1 318 07-11-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.