Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed 11 goes full blast
ResMed 11 goes full blast
Inserted the SD card after downloading to OSCAR. Machine is set to automatic, start=4.0, range=5-17, ramp time = 5 minutes.

Tank is inserted and full, all air connections good. Press the button and the machine starts blasting air at ridiculous pressure with no usual wave-thingie displayed.

I had to power down, disconnect everything, remove SD. Then reconnect.

I had to do this three times before normal operation resumed.

Any suggestion on how to avoid this in the future?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed 11 goes full blast
Since your profile is stating that you are not using a CPAP, no one will have any idea for an answer.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would regularly be inserting the SD card in the unit if I wanted to record the next night. I'm not sure how you arrive at the situation of "inserting the SD card after downloading to Oscar".

The unit has to read the card once you insert it. In those moments, the unit is not available to therapy. You can't hurry it.

The machine will sound like it's blasting like crazy if you don't have your mask on. You'd want to indicate whether you were wearing your mask when you experienced the blast.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, mask was on during the blasting with a good seal. I could not exhale against the pressure.

"After downloading to OSCAR" means I removed the SD card from the ResMed 11, inserted it in my PC and downloaded the newest data to OSCAR. Then I reinserted the SD car in the ResMed 11. I waited until after the blue LED stopped flashing to proceed with use.
Post Reply Post Reply
The profile information was correct when I joined. I can see my profile but can't find the path to edit it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2024, 10:45 PM)cprstn54 Wrote: The profile information was correct when I joined. I can see my profile but can't find the path to edit it.

UserCP (top right) > Edit Profile..

did you solve your issue? i find it really weird you don't see the "wave" animation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes. It has something to do with the way  the tank fits. It takes a push to engage, a release and jiggle, then re-engage.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear nasal pillows vs. full face mask arnoblalam 1 159 09-22-2024, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
  My dad's first full night data, is it concerning? (many CAs) EveryBreatheUTake 4 265 09-22-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: EveryBreatheUTake
  Throat and windpipe full every morning. John Leslie 5 246 08-28-2024, 04:28 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Considering full face mask until I can fix my nasal breathing Ptee8899 11 697 08-25-2024, 08:13 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Full face mask and spare cushion recommendation faine 2 289 08-25-2024, 01:33 AM
Last Post: faine
  P10 Nasal Pillows to F40 Airfit Full Face Mask Settings? stevesleep 3 334 08-23-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Full Face Mask Leaks berkshire17 15 2,843 08-20-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: gymrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.