Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] New to CPAP - OSCAR reading
RE: New to CPAP - OSCAR reading
Hey, so a little update - I'm using both Cover Roll Stretch Tape and Theraband Kinesiology tape because otherwise, I feel like a lot of air is still escaping through my mouth. The issue is that lately, I've been getting worse AHI scores (2.5 AHI), and I'm not sure what I can do about it (attaching one recording). Maybe nasal pillows are not suitable for me, and my nasal passages are too congested/occluded? Does anyone have any ideas on how I can improve the results without changing the mask? I really like nasal pillows compared to my previous Philips Amara View mask.

Also, an additional question:
Is it possible that by using a nasal/nasal pillows mask, I'm getting more prominent malar bags/bags under my eyes? I know that I have hypertrophied nasal turbinates, so I suspect my nose is congested, and because of that, the CPAP mask can push the fluid to create those bags? If so, is there anything I can do about it?

I would appreciate any help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP - OSCAR reading
I always have congestion and have used nasal pillows for years with no problem. I can't imagine they have anything to do with under-eye bags. I never get them.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 20 1,720 10-01-2024, 09:55 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Software for reading data on sd card Durro 1 145 09-22-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New CPAP user, looking for help understanding OSCAR Ksquared716 3 236 09-19-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Need some help reading and fine tuning therapy Blubarb 13 613 09-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: SeePak
  Sleep Apnea CPAP/OSCAR/OSA/CA trish1028 1 224 09-08-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  reading data from resmed sd card Rodeo 5 257 09-08-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Pressure] Help me understand Oscar report and optimize CPAP therapy Oliverwoods 1 202 09-07-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.