Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed F30i recall (for warnings about magnets)
ResMed F30i recall (for warnings about magnets)
Just got a notice from Amazon that there's been a recall on the ResMed F30i Full Face Masks. Details of the recall are on the FDA site.

Quote:Manufacturer Reason for Recall: Masks non-invasive interface for channeling airflow to patients have magnets that have potential magnetic interference with active medical implants that interact with magnets, and metallic implants/objects containing ferromagnetic material so contraindications and warnings about safe distance to medical devices/implants are being updated for patients using masks or anyone in close physical contact

I assume they're talking about the way the headgear clips to the mask to hold it in place. It's similar to the mechanisms on other ResMed masks so surprised they had an issue here. Sounds like the fix for the recall is "warnings being updated", not a redesign of the product.

I'm thinking I can just ignore this recall since I'm not worried about magnets myself. But could be of concern for some folks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed F30i recall (for warnings about magnets)
If I recall correctly the 'safe' distance has been extended.
My wife has a pacemaker and these magnets have interfered with pacing in some cases. NONE of these in my house. Me, I have an SCS implant for Pain, same deal.
Post Reply Post Reply
i had two stents put in my arteries this summer. i don't know if they contain nickel. some do. my less-than-attentive cardiologist never responded to the message i left inquiring. 

plus, i just had a ct scan last week. i sure hope someone was looking at my charts. lol

i have an f20 (and an n20), but if it's a possible issue, i'll can using them.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's MRIs that have an issue with metal in your body and can wreck havoc with any internal electronics.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks, gideon. that eases my concerns.
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be fine with me if the masks were redesigned with hooks like other Resmed headgear. I fumble with the magnet straps nightly.
I only give suggestions from experience as a fellow CPAP user, not professional advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Appears to be "only a recall (as we normally understand recalls) **if** you have a contraindicated device that would be affected" (and long overdue given I recall people mentioning issues with pacemakers and the magnet clips years ago.)
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a cochlear implant and received a message from Amazon about a recall on the Resmed N20 Airfit mask I have used for the past 4-years due to the magnets. I tried using the N30i but it did not work well with the Resmed CPAP 9 version as I slept on the side. I do wonder if the magnets have been a cause of periodic body balance after waking up (happened twice already without explanation?).
Does anybody can share what alternative masks would be a good replacement for the N20? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 3,002 416,083 Today, 06:56 AM
Last Post: CpapCamper
Angry [CPAP] Resmed Mask F30i - Tabs keep breaking.. Anybody else have this problem? Snacko 6 2,516 09-24-2024, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Sis2cher
  Class Action settlement for Philips recall… robsmuir 0 172 09-24-2024, 01:21 PM
Last Post: robsmuir
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 143 25,198 09-22-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Sharing my observations on refreshing old f30i masks erouting 10 525 08-28-2024, 02:44 PM
Last Post: erouting
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 25 7,293 08-20-2024, 12:33 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Inspire device recall Narcil 7 525 07-31-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.