Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap
RE: Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap
My cousin lost a lot of weight and is off CPAP too, Im glad to hear you are too.  My initial sleep doctors wanted me under 200 pounds but I had a good sleep study after UPPP at 205 so that ended their argument. Im about 210 now and the doctors aren't concerned. Yes Im back on CPAP but the UPPP helped me for about 20 years. 

I actually did more testing and got my leaks even lower. I went to nose pillows and taped my mouth.  The leak rate was zero at 95%Max. I can use nose pillows when my allergies drop down. During allergy season its back to full face mask and Knightsbridge.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap
Hi KardiacKid,

I'm glad to hear the Knightsbridge is working well for you also (when you move away from mouth tape)!

I was up around 230 when my sleep apnea was worst.  (I'm 5' 9".)  I lost around 50 pounds with intermittant fasting and that resolved the sleep apnea.  Then with chemo I gained a bunch of weight back and went back to the Dual Band for a while, but I have lost weight again and don't seem to need it currently.  It's amazing how millimeters can make all the difference ...

Wishing you restful, restorative sleep,
Larry
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Owner - Knightsbridge Dual Chin Strap cmpman1974 14 384 10-14-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: LaurenceShaw
  [Symptoms] Strap causes folliculitis sores fotoguy4u 9 14,375 09-24-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
Gross Back strap causing itchy scalp SuzieQsleep 1 139 09-21-2024, 11:19 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  How Are You Affected by Chin Tucking? BoxcarPete 6 1,251 09-06-2024, 03:47 AM
Last Post: Dodies
  Fixed Aerophagia using a Halo style chin strap ISeekRem 0 212 09-01-2024, 03:45 AM
Last Post: ISeekRem
  What works best? Chin strap or tape? JoshO71 7 380 08-30-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
Question Under 1 AHI (great!) but what’s with the constant spikes on my breathing chart graph? JustG 5 344 08-25-2024, 02:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.