Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed 10 Sleep report length and tracking question
Resmed 10 Sleep report length and tracking question
On the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset

It doesn't seem that you can view previous nights of sleep reports on the main device just the last previous one, is that correct? Is the only way to look at previous nights sleep reports, to use the MY AIR app?

I was wondering on the Resmed 10 how the sleep report period feature works, you can set the period to be daily, weekly, 1 month, 3 month,6 month, 1 year.
 So if i want to be able to track my sleep and I set the period for 1 year, then it creates sleep reports for all 365 days (that are viewable in the my air app) and then on the 366 day it wipes/deletes that information and starts from fresh is that how it works?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed 10 Sleep report length and tracking question
If some of you can kindly advise
Post Reply Post Reply
Setting it to one year will only show the past year average on the machine.

On the machine itself one can view the previous day, week average, month average, three month average, six month average, or year average. Detailed data is stored on the SD card whilst inserted and used by OSCAR for daily detailed reports.
Post Reply Post Reply
Seems like you can only see... month average, three month average, six month average, or year average if you specifically set the time period option to one of those, Would you recommend setting it to one year , as surely more recorded data that's viewable is better?
Post Reply Post Reply
Oscar reports a chart for every single night plus additional charts to show long term information.  It's not either or, it's both.  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
So until i set up Oscar, would you recommend setting the period on the Resmed 10 to 1 year?
Post Reply Post Reply
No, set it to one day. That way when you look at it you will see the previous night rather than an average of some other time period.
Post Reply Post Reply
But i need to see as many nights as possible to be able to retrospectively look back and track my progress, so i don't forget and i can compare and see how i'm progressing, setting to one day doesnt seem in line with someone new to cpap, who surely should be comparing a larger sample size over time?
Post Reply Post Reply
That is what OSCAR provides. What you want to see is in the detailed data for some time period to compare results from changes to the baseline settings.

The best you can get with your machines report screen is an average and the problem with averages is you lose the details. With your data in OSCAR you will have access to more data than the machine is capable of showing on its screen.
Post Reply Post Reply
I usually have to press the on/off button on top of my resmed 10 machine multiple times throughout the night to turn off the airfow, everytime that i need to scratch an uncomfortable facial itch, that requires detaching the mask briefly. Prevously I did not press the button and just left the air flowing, but i found (with the air still flowing) that when i came to reattach the air inlet to mask, it felt abit uncomfortable and i felt like i was taking in too much air suddenly and was concerned about aerophagia, so instead i just press the on/off button each time.

Last night something happend that has not happend before, somehow the sleep report data got overidden, sometime in the morning, when i pressed the on/off button it showed 8 hours 30 minute useage with ahi of 6.8 etc , then about 30 minutes later when i got out off bed and press the on/off button for the last time, it suddenly said the total usage for last night is 5 minutes?

Is this because i am pressing the on/off button multple times and the machine doesnt know when it's a new night or just a pause or because the machine has a timer cut off whereby when it reaches a certain time in the morning it resets?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Help me understand Oscar report and optimize CPAP therapy Oliverwoods 1 135 09-07-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  New here - Post Sleep Study Question Tenley 4 949 09-03-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Sleep study- Very high AHI with Central Sleep Apnea and multiple hours of CSR. Help. JoshO71 2 236 08-27-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: JoshO71
  Help with OSCAR Report from Loewenstein Prisma Smart crunchy92 3 252 08-23-2024, 09:24 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help with Oscar Report Helpah11 3 251 08-07-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 9 1,085 07-31-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oxymeter report Bad532 9 1,139 07-01-2024, 01:57 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.