Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] biboombap - Therapy Thread
RE: Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel
(04-19-2024, 11:07 AM)Expat31 Wrote: Couple of things.

Why are you using humidity on the maximum setting? Are you in a very dry climate?

I would say that if you have a build up of moisture, your setting is too high. I find personally excess moisture quite annoying and disruptive to sleep. 

I live in southern Europe and it is quite dry. I like to keep things simple, humidity setting usually 4, a hose wrap which I find is really good, but certainly no heated tube. The latter is just not necessary here,  but for you, useful perhaps for alleviating your nasal congestion symptoms. 

Regarding acid reflux, how is your sleep hygiene?  Light evening meals are important, alcohol is generally a no-no.

I had found previously that any lower and I'd get nasal congestion from the dryness. I'm not in an especially dry climate though. Will try lowering it a bit.

I had a somewhat acidic soupy meal last night so that could've contributed. After I woke up, I took off the CPAP and slept through till almost 5pm  Oh-jeez

(04-19-2024, 11:53 AM)staceyburke Wrote: I believe that your main problem is EPR.

turn EPR to FULL TIME
ERR 3

Leave other setting where they are and post your next night. Also I would like to see the flow limits chart. You can click the bottom of a chart and draw up to make the size of the chart smaller so you can show other charts also can move the entire chart up or down.

Thanks, I'll try turning up the EPR tonight. Here are the flow limit charts for the same two nights. You can tell when I'm asleep because that's when there's much higher flow limit values, although the 95% is under 0.1. Is that acceptable?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel
I strongly suggest that you turn ramp off altogether.  You get almost no therapy while ramp is on, and after your long breaks in therapy, ramp will come on each time.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this a good result? Still feel a morning headache.
First time sleeping the whole night through with the mask in a while. Can anyone tell me if this is good enough or should I up the pressure, use EPR, etc? Thanks in advance.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: biboombap - Therapy Thread
I have merged your two threads into one and renamed it to reflect your therapy.

Going forward, please use this thread for your questions and to post charts.

Thanks!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You still need to turn EPR on full-time, set at 3.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I did try although I had more events when I did that. I think it was due to me not increasing the min/max pressure by 3 also, so I'll try that also.

By the way, just one other question. My flow rate graph looks kind of wonky, with a flat section in every wave. Is this indicative of mouth-breathing? 

Post Reply Post Reply
Just an update to this thread. I've been experimenting with sleeping without CPAP and different positions for the last few days.

The Snore lab app recorded this odd exhalation pattern. Is this characteristic of sleep apnea? It doesn't have the ten second gap, but it sounds... effortful?

https://voca.ro/18xSaBBPo3AN

Thanks and sorry in advance for asking you to listen to my snoring.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  sleepyveem's therapy thread sleepyveem 11 519 Yesterday, 12:10 PM
Last Post: sleepyveem
  [CPAP] xirokx - Therapy Thread xirokx 110 2,692 09-16-2024, 07:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Zeno's therapy thread Zeno 10 282 09-16-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Zeno
  Brigabart's Therapy Thread Brigabart 10 248 09-15-2024, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [CPAP] eok361 - Therapy Thread eok361 100 6,104 09-13-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] PSG1 - Therapy Thread PSG1 19 2,926 09-12-2024, 08:25 AM
Last Post: PSG1
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,996 409,293 09-11-2024, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.