Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed 11 Water Chamber
Resmed 11 Water Chamber
I have recently upgraded my ResMed  10 to 11. When I fill the chamber, insert it into the machine, and turn it on, the compressed air flows around the chamber in the machine and does not go into the tube. Checked the tube and it I is on tight. Removing and reinserting the chamber it still leaks. If I insert the chamber with a lot of force, sometimes it will work. i noticed that there is a grommet type seal on the machine at chamber output and one on the chamber at machine input. Is there a special way to attach the chamber that will cause the seals to seal? 

Also, where is the max water level of the chamber.  I can fill it to (just underneath) the max level line and it will pour into the tube.  If I fill it to just underneath the word max it will be ok but the chamber is only 2/3 full. 

Any advice on how to do this correctly will be appreciated. 

Thanks!

Cy
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed 11 Water Chamber
cyburns1;
The outlet tube on the AS 11 is replaceable .. Have You tried removing
and reseating it ?? That may help ..
The fill marks on My AS 11 water chamber are pretty accurate .. The
chamber needs to be on a level surface ..
Hope this helps !! Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!

The best I have so far is to slide the chamber in to the machine fast with a little force. Then cover the tube at mask end with my thumb, turn on the machine, and see if it builds and maintains pressure. Repeat if not.

Filling the chamber to the word Max seems to be enough to last me till morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
Samething happening to me. So frustrating and a brand new machine.Should not be that difficult to slide in the chamber
Post Reply Post Reply
When you slide the chamber into machine, just keep it level and square, it will seat every time.
If it's not butter smooth when you're inserting it, back up, pay attention and slide it in yet again.
There's definitely a difference between aligned and unaligned, when inserting the chamber.

In respect to the water ... hold the chamber at 90 degrees upward, in your "non-pouring" hand.
Pour distilled/purified water thru the silicone lipped fitting. Steadily and at a moderate speed.
Now fill the chamber even with the little dimples created during manufacturing. Now it's full.
Turn the humidifier back to its natural direction, slowly to prevent it from "belching" and insert.

Personally, we absolutely love the AS11. It's easy to clean, easy to service and performs great.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2024, 10:18 AM)Tampa Jim Wrote: When you slide the chamber into machine, just keep it level and square, it will seat every time.
If it's not butter smooth when you're inserting it, back up, pay attention and slide it in yet again.
There's definitely a difference between aligned and unaligned, when inserting the chamber.

In respect to the water ... hold the chamber at 90 degrees upward, in your "non-pouring" hand.
Pour distilled/purified water thru the silicone lipped fitting. Steadily and at a moderate speed.
Now fill the chamber even with the little dimples created during manufacturing. Now it's full.
Turn the humidifier back to its natural direction, slowly to prevent it from "belching" and insert.

Personally, we absolutely love the AS11. It's easy to clean, easy to service and performs great.
I’m finding that with the humidifier set to auto, the tank runs dry about the 8 hour 15 min mark! I’m 2 months into switching from an Airsense 10 to Airsense 11 and I’m really struggling to sleep comfortably. Even with the exact same settings, I’m so far disappointed in the 11.
Post Reply Post Reply
(Yesterday, 03:33 PM)LyndMc Wrote: I’m finding that with the humidifier set to auto, the tank runs dry about the 8 hour 15 min mark! I’m 2 months into switching from an Airsense 10 to Airsense 11 and I’m really struggling to sleep comfortably. Even with the exact same settings, I’m so far disappointed in the 11.

We get two nights with the humidifier set to 5 out of 10.
Unless I'm mistaken, the 10 and 11 have the same tank size.
Check your settings in respect to the humidity level.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did a liquid measurement, the 11 tank is 4 oz smaller than the 10 tank.

I tried taking the humidifier out of AUTO, I set it for 2, like it is on my 10. Granted, the 10 only adjusts 0-5 and the 11 adjusts 0-10. At 2, I woke up with a dry throat. At 4 I woke up with condensation running all over my face.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I ever need to replace my CPAP, it will be with another AutoSet 10. No way do I want to learn all about a new machine.  Oh-jeez

I'm still under 8K hrs. of use and I've had it since Sept. of 2018.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine has 22844 since 2016. My younger brother has an 11 and I had high hopes for it. Still struggling.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Caked Residue In CPAP Water Reservoir, Is It Normal? Kamryn 3 233 08-30-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  [CPAP] RedMed10 Water Chamber question Joe Bezz 26 6,504 08-23-2024, 09:29 AM
Last Post: jtardo
  Anyone here NOT using a water reservoir? Big Guy 38 1,468 07-30-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Dream Station 2 Suddenly Using More Water Douglas Racer 5 317 07-07-2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  N20 mask drops of water in mask jake79 20 1,427 06-06-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: jake79
  CSpring Water Tank PAPAstro 9 2,940 06-02-2024, 03:05 PM
Last Post: ashcaveCPCP
  Well water and cleaning wxmcpo 7 492 05-14-2024, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.