Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rising AHI the last couple of weeks
Rising AHI the last couple of weeks
Hello everyone,

I am new to CPAP using the device for a month and a half about now.

The therapy for the first month started out well I think and as my doctor and technician both told me with an AHI from 2 to 3 most days. (attaching a chart of a relatively good day 26th March)

About 10 days ago though my AHI started going up with the highest being yesterday at 9. (Second image 8th April)

Granted there are some things that changed during the last 10 days. 

First I started using a humidifier which coincided with AHI rising but I think that is a coincidence. 

Second because we had to move our daughter from her room for a couple of weeks she slept with either me or my wife (with us exchanging the couch) so sleep is less than ideal because she kicks around a lot and I generally wake up quite easily and the last couple of days she has been sick coughing most of the night which meant especially for last night with the 9 AHI I was not fully sleeping at all, drifting between awake and sleep constantly through the night so maybe that affected my charts.

Since I am new to this and to be honest I don't really know how to interpret the graphs I would really appreciate your help!

I am also attaching an image from a night where not all graphs are showing like data is missing. Is that a problem with the software, my card, my machine?

Thank you all in advance!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rising AHI the last couple of weeks
Hello again,

Luckily last night was better though not ideal as my AHI was still higher than that of the first month.

I am attaching the report which shows lots of events between 04:52 to about 05:30.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Post Reply Post Reply
The only graphs we need are-
Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leak rate
Flow limitations

So as to make the analysis easier. 

Then please repost, thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again,

I am reposting with the data you requested.

Flow Limitations only come up as events for Philips I think unless I am missing something.

Thank you!

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I apologise as I had not paid attention that you are using a Phillips machine, which is a bit of a rarity on this forum. 

Best if you wait for someone who has knowledge of your machine type. 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2024, 07:32 AM)Expat31 Wrote: Sorry, I apologise as I had not paid attention that you are using a Phillips machine, which is a bit of a rarity on this forum. 

Best if you wait for someone who has knowledge of your machine type. 

Thanks

No worries thank you for taking the time!

Are most people using ResMed?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi.  In 16 years of CPAP/APAP and 6 machines, the ResMed Airsense 10 has been my favorite.  From years of reading comments on forums and viewing YouTube reviews, I think it is the most popular machine.  I had the ResMed 11 for three weeks then exchanged it for a 10. My 11 was defective and wasn't as well made as the 10.
I only give suggestions from experience as a fellow CPAP user, not professional advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last couple of nights were better AHI-wise, still I would love to further improve the therapy.

Can anyone pinpoint any issues or what I could improve further improve my results?

Thank you

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Couple months in.. how does it look? Any recommendations? ReclaimingMySleep 9 447 10-01-2024, 01:09 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Three weeks in - Some questions SleepyDwarf123 6 1,018 09-29-2024, 07:16 AM
Last Post: SDM1
Question Silicone of new FF mask is hard for 2 weeks zeee1980 2 193 09-20-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [CPAP] Best results in the first two weeks but not as much now ninjax99 4 372 08-25-2024, 09:17 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  First three weeks daBee 30 2,873 07-11-2024, 03:05 PM
Last Post: daBee
  Input after two weeks TacoCat 2 311 06-24-2024, 12:19 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Already at my wits end after 1.5 weeks… mainly chipmunk cheeks Slicedbread145 9 596 06-19-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Slicedbread145

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.