Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Very high amounts of periodic breathing / CSR ?
RE: Very high amounts of periodic breathing / CSR ?
Thanks for the info.  I didn't see this until the morning.  I ended up using static pressure at 5.4cm.  This pressure didn't make me feel like I wasn't getting enough air, FWTW.  Unfortnately, same results of a lot of central apneas (though I think several may be false) and CSR pattern.  I don't feel like I slept much and again feel very fatigued in the morning.  When I go through the flow, I have a lot of respiration that's waxing and waning that isn't tagged CSR.  I don't know what to do for trying different settings at this point.  I don't think a range of 7-9cm is going to be much different than my normal settilngs since my pressure seems to usually however between 6 and 8 with my original 5-15 setting.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Very high amounts of periodic breathing / CSR ?
You have some other suggestions by Red (Crimson Nape) and Phaleronic to try.  If you are still having this pattern after trying these suggestions, you may have real CSR.  If you are having this many CA's, you are most likely on the wrong machine also.  The ASV is for CA's (and no lung or neurological diseases).  The ST and ST(A) can stop CA's, but they require a lung disease, neurological disease diagnosis etc. to get one.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bad at Breathing Haldir 20 499 10 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Optimizing CPAP - high pressures adlondon 3 194 09-13-2024, 03:15 PM
Last Post: georgesadam
  [Health] Breathing Exercises Better Sleep or not? seepapnyc 0 113 09-11-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: seepapnyc
  pattern in high resolution mask pressure in resmed device rberry1 1 151 09-11-2024, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Periodic Breathing Strategies? mark.apnea 2 203 09-11-2024, 07:44 AM
Last Post: mark.apnea
  Odd breathing patterns katbrat 9 280 09-07-2024, 09:06 PM
Last Post: katbrat
  Resmed 10 vauto can hear breathing Officialdee 6 210 09-07-2024, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.