Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S.'s SH Charts
S.'s SH Charts
This new thread for S. Want to keep her therapy and any recommendations on it's own to eliminate my confusion.  Smile Thanks
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S.'s Sleepyhead Charts
S has sleep onset events, and seems to do pretty good with this therapy. I'd add .5 cm to the minimum pressure (7.5) and see if that helps with the AHI and sleep onset. For the most part this is excellent, and comfort is the main concern given the good efficacy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider, and I think she is doing well too. She is still getting used to the mask. I hope to hear from Patient Aids this afternoon so that we can go check out other masks. She's leaning toward the memory foam version of the F20. I don't have any experience with masks other than knowing the major differences so I am useless to advise her, which is good because she needs to make her own decision.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
The memory foam masks are reported to be comfortable, but difficult to maintain, and have a short life since the foam breaks down. A number of members have experience with it, and I'm surprised no on has commented yet.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have both versions of the F20, that is AirFit silicone and AirTouch Memory foam. I have better results with the silicone due to lower leaks. The memory foam is more comfortable but leaks more when I use it. Since I haven't used it a lot, I cannot offer lifespan or cleaning comments. I think I only used mine two nights and gave up.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the advice ScarcasticDave, Sleeprider. I will pass that information on to S. Still gonna have to let her be the judge. I don't think the lifespan is going to be concern for her. The leak issue will be. I'm trying not to create any artificial bias as I can be very convincing with my opinion. I'd like her to be independent of my thought so I dont influence her one way or the other. I'm going to run off at the DME and let her figure it out.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
S. just informed me that she is getting used to her mask. She says she likes the convenience of her masks elbow. She adds that a Dixie straw fits right through the fitting so she can get a drink of water without taking her mask off.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2018, 09:26 AM)JesseLee Wrote: S. just informed me that she is getting used to her mask. She says she likes the convenience of her masks elbow. She adds that a Dixie straw fits right through the fitting so she can get a drink of water without taking her mask off.

Which mask is that? There's supposed to be a new one out soon by Daveco that lets you drink coffee while masked up. Laugh-a-lot

OK seriously, which mask has that kind of elbow?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's the F20, the entire elbow and swivel assembly detaches from the mask leaving a big hole for convenient sipping she says.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
That's the same as mine then. Hmm never thought of the straw... Thanks  Coffee

PS agreed, it does detach and leave a big hole...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do my charts look? EE13 8 515 09-11-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Does Covid Make Charts Look Different? Idub88 1 237 08-19-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: cdplatt
  Help me understand these OSCAR charts and self-titrate my BiPAP uarsapnea90 8 560 06-11-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Bizarre OSCAR Charts! GeorgeGus 24 1,313 06-06-2024, 02:38 PM
Last Post: GeorgeGus
  [Diagnosis] Would someone have time to analysis my Oscar charts. HairyBee 7 436 05-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: HairyBee
  Newbie-Please look at my charts [Catathrenia] esme17 13 4,522 05-08-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  [CPAP] First couple of weeks treatment and first post including OSCAR Charts MrSleep86 2 390 05-01-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: MrSleep86

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.