Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Different APAP's, different pressures
Different APAP's, different pressures
Good day to all, 

I want to know your input on this matter. When I was diagnoses with sleep Apnea the clinic rent me out a BMC G3A2 for two weeks, during which the Avg. Mean was 8 (cmH2O), and the Avg. p95 was 10.5 (cmH2O). I ended up buying a ResMed Airsense 11 and it arrive the same day I returned the BMC. After a week of use I notice the Avg. Mean to be 12.21 (cmH2O), and the Avg. p95 to be 18.26 (cmH2O). I must add that the AHI went down from 3,0 (BMC) to 2,01 (AS11).

Does anyone know why the huge change in treatment pressure from device to device? any recommendations?

Cheers from Panama,

MajesticPTY
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Different APAP's, different pressures
Welcome to Apnea Board,

Without seeing your data for both machines, it may come down to how the different brands report and act on events. Different levels of leaks can affect this as well. No offense to the BMC, however I would trust you'll be more capable of getting great therapy with ResMed.

It will take a report tool like the free OSCAR. The link is at the top of the page, please get it. And you'll need an SD card to store the data while sleeping. With this data we can help you tune the ResMed to work well.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Different APAP's, different pressures
You can at least ensure your mask is properly fitted and sealed to minimize leaks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 43 2,571 09-04-2024, 09:39 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  returning APAP'er, help interpreting OSCAR please :) tml678 2 194 08-21-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: tml678
  Some masks better for pressures above ~8? UsuallyTired 11 517 08-18-2024, 12:51 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  carnuntum - Switching from Prisma APAP to Aircurve bi-level therapy carnuntum 8 1,416 08-16-2024, 05:19 AM
Last Post: carnuntum
  Starting Pressures - Advice? mark.apnea 1 156 08-15-2024, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Narcil
  Resmed Airsense 10 APAP? daBee 33 1,720 08-15-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: daBee
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 9 1,656 08-07-2024, 02:40 AM
Last Post: donsburg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.