Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] AHI at 24 while using APAP 8-12mbar
AHI at 24 while using APAP 8-12mbar

AHI from Clinic: 55
AHI form Clinic while on APAP 8-12mbar: 24

I Cranked the APAP up to 12-18 mbar

I Am 1 Year in and still feel really tired all the time. I Never feel well rested and need 10-14h Sleep a day. Can't work because of that and gained lots of weight.

Have Morbus Scheuermann, Insuline Resistance, Acne Inversa and OSAS

Please help me Guys

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI at 24 while using APAP 8-12mbar
Welcome! Your AHI is excellent, if this chart is typical. You are having some large leaks, that is, leaks that are large enough potentially to make it impossible for your machine to compensate. Do you think the leaks are coming from your mouth? Or are they coming from your mask? Or maybe some of each?

What is striking in your chart is the flow limitations. Could you zoom in on about 1.5 minutes where we're seeing a lot of those FL markers? I'd like to see what your flow rate looks like. No need to provide all three charts -- just the left-most one (labeled 3.png).

I also wonder whether your doctor has evaluated you for other conditions that might be interfering with your ability to feel adequately rested. Possible areas for testing: testosterone, thyroid, vitamin D, B vitamins, autoimmune disease, especially in the connective-tissue-disease family, iron. Any chance you have long covid or Lyme disease?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not seen flow limits that large... I think you need to rule out positional apnea.  Positional Apnea is when you sleep in a position where you cut off your own airway.  It is also known as chin tucking where your chin is dropping down to your sternum cutting off your own airway.  There is NO adjustments you can make on a pap machine to help this type of apnea.  The only way is not to sleep in that position.  

Sleeping on your back or using to high of pillows can be the cause and just changing that can help control it.  BUT if it does not you will need a collar.  I have a link for collars in my signature (at the bottom of this post).  Please take a look at it.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, your flow limits are extremely high.  Do you have Prisma's version of EPR in use?  If not, set it to its highest setting.  Even then I doubt that yours can be lowered enough to help much.  

You may need to obtain a bilevel machine.  The bilevel most of us think is the best is the ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto.  Even if your machine is not old, if your doctor (any kind of doctor, even NPs, LPNs, dentists, etc.) prescribes a bilevel, your insurance should still cover it because it is a different type of machine.  If you want the specific machine I mentioned, ask your Dr. to prescribe it by name, with a note that nothing is to be substituted.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are some tips from our Wiki on how to optimize your Lowenstein:    Lowenstein PrismaLine optimization
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to APAP, do I have the right machine? Davileet 5 162 10-17-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Davileet
  DreamStation Auto BiPAP to APAP? indreams 5 260 10-05-2024, 04:07 AM
Last Post: indreams
  APAP- High Pressure Waking Me in the middle of the night HanoverTime 6 366 09-30-2024, 11:57 PM
Last Post: AshSF
  CPAP/APAP data review Robert Detz 1 164 09-25-2024, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Pressure settings on APAP - Morning Headaches Jhlopez 0 170 09-24-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Jhlopez
  Simulate BiPAP with APAP for more data – Need Advice cyberfiche 3 234 09-17-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: cyberfiche
  APAP VS AP Dynamic larrygreg 14 905 09-15-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.