Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 stopped working
S9 stopped working
Hi all;  
  The misses had surgery last week. After her surgery and recovery, she was transferred to her room. Still groggy from anesthesia she asked for CPAP. I plugged it in and heard the familiar hiss. All of sudden I noticed a popup on the small screen stating the blower motor had exceeded its life and to contact service....then the machine stopped. The misses asked me to stop fiddling around and give her the mask. In a hurry, I unplugged the machine then plugged it back in. Same thing....the unit blows until the message appears then quits. I have tried everything to get this machine to blow beyond the popup message to no avail. From what I have read  the blower motor life exceedance message will popup but the machine will still run as a safety feature. Is there any way to deal with this? In the meantime, the misseses doctor ordered a new machine by submitting her old sleep study. That's been 10 days ago and no new machine. We called the doctor and learned he has not sent in the order yet but will do so Monday. We are worried this will take two more weeks or even more. In the meantime is there anything I can do to fix the old one? If I installed a new blower motor from Amazon will the cpap blow past the popup message? We are in a dilemma. Any help will be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 stopped working
I agree, the machine should've kept working even after receiving the message.  
You could take a chance on replacing the motor if you have the know how.

This thread might interest you:

https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...ower-Motor
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 stopped working
I have used Supplier #27 to repair a few machines. They have been very responsive and done excellent work. Typical turnaround time for me was about 2 weeks, but given your situation they may be able to do it quicker.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] CPAP Stopped Recording; Due to Large Leak with new FFM? UsuallyTired 3 243 07-31-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  CPAP therapy not working anymore! DZee 13 746 07-01-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed 11 Stopped Recording SD Card Data somewherein413 20 1,072 06-20-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [Equipment] VAuto Not Working sderm 4 359 05-24-2024, 01:18 AM
Last Post: sderm
  nore cpap is working, again ? Jst617 5 447 03-31-2024, 07:10 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 358 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 856 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.