Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Seeking restful sleep!
Seeking restful sleep!
Hi,
Thanks to all for this resource! My spouse was asking if I could be less crabby at breakfast (haha) so I started trying to get more/better sleep.

My Apple Watch results over the last year show I get less than half the ideal deep or REM sleep.

My home sleep test results were an AHI of 3.8 and RDI of 16.2 (109 mini-suffocations in 6 hours of sleep). My O2 went down to 89 and my pulse ranged from 45 to 91.

I have been on APAP for about a month and feel no better than before. Same amount of deep/REM/total sleep. The Wellue O2Ring shows at least fewer O2 drops, so that's a plus, but I still wake with a headache.

I have posted last night's OSCAR results. The AHI is low. My pulse rate seems wacky, and my breathing is shallow, slow, and seems far from regular (one zoomed example included).

Open to any suggestions for changes in settings. Or do I just need to be patient? I have a sleep lab study scheduled for March (!).

Possibly relevant issues - I have PTSD and occasional mild asthma, and use azelastine for allergies at night, which maybe helps. I am not obese but about 10 lbs. overweight.

Thank you, thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Seeking restful sleep!
Welcome

Mostly your chart looks good, but your pressure is too low. I suggest you change it to 7 to 11. I think your therapy and comfort will both improve.

Best of luck with your new therapy! Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum!

I would start by increasing your minimum pressure to 7cm as you need at least 7cm to take full advantage of your EPR that is set to 3.  Also, the higher pressure should stop some of your apneas, if it doesn't take it up a little more.   Try for a few nights and see if you feel any better.  Then post some more charts.

Good luck.
I am not an expert...just a long time user.

Post Reply Post Reply
Super, thank you, Deborah and OldSteve. I will make that change and see how it goes.
Have a great weekend.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ll add you can try dropping your EPR to 2. That may help with the CA’s as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Much appreciated, PeaceLoveAndPizza (great user name, haha).
I will try that, too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,
I am reporting back with results after making the changes suggested:
* pressure 7 to 11 (later changed to 7 to 10 - no effect)
* EPR 2
Also:
* I changed response to Soft from Standard to see if I could sleep through the pressure increases better
* change to a Philips Dreamwear mask (still nasal pillow but strap fits better).

I would say the pattern is that one of two things happens; either I wake up at 4AM and take the mask off, after which my oxygen drops (so the APAP is doing something?!); or I sleep longer with it on but still get a lot of CAs.

I will post one of each and a zoom of a flow chart with typical patterns.

So I am wondering if I should try more settings, or wait for my sleep study (in 6 months), or something else? Maybe I need a different machine (ASV?).

I am going to try to see an ENT.
I still wake up with a headache and got half an hour of deep sleep last night, which is probably not great!

Thanks for your help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Seeking optimal treatment please help Xboxrrod 0 134 09-15-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Xboxrrod
  Seeking Advice on BiPAP AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings for Upper Airway Resistance Syndro chacha897d 1 275 09-07-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Sleep study- Very high AHI with Central Sleep Apnea and multiple hours of CSR. Help. JoshO71 2 293 08-27-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: JoshO71
Question [Treatment] Seeking advice on treating sleep apnea LG18 9 455 06-23-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: LG18
  Inconsistent Sleep Quality with BiPAP Titration - Seeking Advice Gettingbetter33 3 272 06-22-2024, 09:43 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Sleep position affecting sleep test AHI/OSA classification Fox66 7 419 06-21-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Fox66
Sad [Treatment] Seeking help for poor sleep with cpap vHungry 14 988 06-12-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.