Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Self titration Aircurve 10 VAUTO HELP
RE: Self titration Aircurve 10 VAUTO HELP
georgesadam - This is just a quick observation, so please take into consideration. Your TiMax seems to be on the short side, and may be cutting off IPAP pressure while you are still inhaling. As a test, try setting it to 3.2 seconds and see if you feel better or your numbers improve.

Oh, you are correct in your assumption of the equivalent of the PS being 4 with a EPAP of 9 and an IPAP of 13.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you !!!
Will share oscar data tomorrow
Post Reply Post Reply
Although my numbers have improved, I still can't explain why I feel horrible in the mornings. I was getting similar AHI and stats with my Lowenstein Prisma APAP(10-13, NO EPR).
Here is my OSCAR data with the following configuration:

Mode: S
   IPAP: 13 / EPAP: 9
   Easy-Breathe: ON
   Ti Min: 0.3 / Ti Max: 3.2
   Trigger: Medium
   Cycle: Medium
   Ramp: OFF"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Would you provide a 3-minute zoom screenshot that includes your Flow Rate chart? Any place that appears to be the "norm" of the night is the best place to pick. Also, EPR is only on a CPAP or CPAP mode and not on a true bi-level machine.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the help , here are 3 minutes screenshots

Post Reply Post Reply
Your waveform looks good. I believe you have found your needed pressure support. You might increase your pressure to 10/14 to see if you feel any improvement. Additionally, I am trying to think of things to rule out. Do you monitor your SpO2 levels with a recording oximeter? Do you sleep on your back? Do you wake up with aches and pains, maybe from an old mattress? Medications?
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
My SpO2 levels were good during the in-lab sleep study I did two months ago, and I regularly monitor them on my smartwatch (I wear it snugly when I sleep). My watch alerted me when my oxygen levels dropped below 80%, which prompted me to visit a sleep doctor and its a reason why im on therapy now. Currently, my SpO2 levels rarely drop below 92%. I've been taking thyroid medication for four years, and while my mattress is neither new nor old, I suspect I sleep on my back with my neck turned to the side (which feels odd but helps me fall asleep faster). I also enjoy sleeping on my side, but I tend to move around a lot during sleep, and I'm not sure if I'm experiencing RERAs that are causing arousals.

I'll try what you suggested today, 10/14, and see if there's any improvement. However, I still don’t see any benefit in buying a BiPAP machine over my Löwenstein Prisma APAP (I’ve also experienced a lot of RERAs and flow limitations).

As for the OAs and HAs from last night, are they problematic? Is the only way to address them by continuously increasing the pressure until the event flags are gone (which I’m starting to think might be impossible)?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers seem low enough not to worry. At some point, trying to address comfort comes into play. Sometimes a small pressure increase reduces the arousals caused by the events, thus allowing for a more comfortable and restful sleep.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
sharing my sleep data from last night with 10/14

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Aircurve 11 VAuto I:E LaserBoi 6 244 9 hours ago
Last Post: LaserBoi
  "Backend" adjustment by sleep doc on Aircurve 10 ASV 40Hz 4 98 Yesterday, 02:59 PM
Last Post: 40Hz
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 12 1,120 10-11-2024, 08:33 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [Mod Note] Are There Any Aircurve 11 ST ot ST-A Users? Crimson Nape 2 194 10-05-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed Aircurve 10 VAUTO turning itself off and on throughout the night?? 17WRX 4 187 09-29-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: 17WRX
  Bilevel self-titration for UARS ChickenTenders 11 827 09-26-2024, 12:33 PM
Last Post: ChickenTenders
  acquired an aircurve vauto 10/self titrating eok361 9 452 09-26-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.