Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepHQ data for someone struggling with CPAP
RE: SleepHQ data for someone struggling with CPAP
Please post the images here directly. Imgur is a pain in the bum when trying to zoom in.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2024, 05:37 PM)PeaceLoveAndPizza Wrote: Please post the images here directly. Imgur is a pain in the bum when trying to zoom in.
Sorry, this should do it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks mate! My aging eyes appreciate it.

I see quite a bit of positional apnoea, likely chin tucking. A flatter pillow is the first thing to try, then possibly a soft cervical collar. 

I also suggest raising the max pressure to 11 as you are topping out and increasing EPR to 3 as there are quite a bit of flow limitations driving up pressure. The extra EPR may cause more CA’s, but the extra pressure may help balance it out.

Give that a go for a night or two and we can help adjust from there as required.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2024, 06:12 PM)PeaceLoveAndPizza Wrote: Thanks mate! My aging eyes appreciate it.

I see quite a bit of positional apnoea, likely chin tucking. A flatter pillow is the first thing to try, then possibly a soft cervical collar. 

I also suggest raising the max pressure to 11 as you are topping out and increasing EPR to 3 as there are quite a bit of flow limitations driving up pressure. The extra EPR may cause more CA’s, but the extra pressure may help balance it out.

Give that a go for a night or two and we can help adjust from there as required.

Alright! I’ll do that for a couple days and get back to you with results. Thanks again for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Im using a travel pillow turned 90 degrees as a "cervical collar" theyre easy to get your hands on and I no longer us a pillow at all. Works well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also use a bean bag type travel pillow and rolled up socks to position and craddle my neck. My travel pillow is also turned 90 degrees so the extra support is in front versus the shoulder. The opening of my travel pillow is facing toward the comfort pillow so my head and neck can rest on the comfort (softy) pillow.

Do not be surprised if a greater EPR also has you popping out a bunch more CAs. When comparing the nights... (1) always assess how you feel/felt first. (2) do not just look at the AHI score, but be careful to only score the OA and H type apneas because that helps you see the impact of the restrictions in flow.

Good luck.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2024, 11:32 AM)quiescence at last Wrote: I also use a bean bag type travel pillow and rolled up socks to position and craddle my neck. My travel pillow is also turned 90 degrees so the extra support is in front versus the shoulder.  The opening of my travel pillow is facing toward the comfort pillow so my head and neck can rest on the comfort (softy) pillow.

Do not be surprised if a greater EPR also has you popping out a bunch more CAs. When comparing the nights... (1) always assess how you feel/felt first. (2) do not just look at the AHI score, but be careful to only score the OA and H type apneas because that helps you see the impact of the restrictions in flow.

Good luck.

QAL

I bought a soft cervical collar. I slept last night and had 2.2 AHI with the settings I was told to try, and feel pretty good. I have not looked at Oscar yet but I will. So you’re saying I should only worry about h type apnea and OSA and ignore the CAs?
Post Reply Post Reply
This was last night after trying your recommended pressures. I did wake up on my back last night and then rolled over on my side and slept better, you can see the difference between my back and my side. I did seem to max out the pressure the entire time. Wondering if maybe I should increase that? Does my flow limitation look better?

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night, my first night with a cervical collar and also bumping my max pressure from 11-12. I also keep waking up every single night around the same times, not quite sure what is causing this.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi therhile, I would raise min pressure to 9cm and lower EPR to 2 please.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Struggling to Lower AHI Below 5 terumi 38 1,076 09-12-2024, 03:43 AM
Last Post: terumi
  Struggling with leaks Resmed F40 Karatechop 12 2,115 09-04-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: JPB430
  Interpreting OSCAR data (relatively new CPAP user) bolivar98 14 724 09-02-2024, 04:44 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Really struggling with finding source of problem/right settings theswerve 3 216 08-29-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Oscar data help - is CPAP right for me? george bonanza 3 276 08-27-2024, 07:20 AM
Last Post: george bonanza
  Using CPAP for 5 months, still struggling abzcpap24 4 316 08-23-2024, 05:07 PM
Last Post: abzcpap24
  [Treatment] Struggling with increased AHI and CAs flyingcrowgang 2 180 08-23-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: flyingcrowgang

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.