Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

So I went to the doctor today
Ohmy 
So I went to the doctor today
And it was like.... Huhsign Not very nice. I described the situation, how the sleep study still registered an 8 and there was absolutely no note of my inability to breathe at times. And it seems he takes the sleep study as fact and my real experience as irrelevant. I had to explain a few times that I woke with a start unable to breathe and that things weren't as it seemed with the sleep study. Well he's promised to hook me up with the doctor who arranged the sleep study. I have no idea how long that will take. Jeez. Well for the time being I'll keep my sleep log (I gave him a copy to analyze) and when it's time to return the S8 to VitalAire, I'll set the pressure to the average pressure result and go from there until I finally get my appointment. But really, I felt like I wasn't taken very seriously Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: So I went to the doctor today
Going to a doctor for a CPAP machine these days is getting to be like going to Walmart for a computer. Don't expect any technical support to speak of.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: So I went to the doctor today
(11-22-2012, 11:59 PM)archangle Wrote: Going to a doctor for a CPAP machine these days is getting to be like going to Walmart for a computer. Don't expect any technical support to speak of.

I wasn't really looking for technical support except they want to hear from him before offering up an S9 AutoSet. Even if I offered to pay the difference.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mild sleep apnea, doctor recommended a dental appliance but not sure how to proceed. MysticEcho 5 249 09-20-2024, 08:04 AM
Last Post: nightgagger
  Upload Data to Doctor with Mac westonjazz 5 2,055 09-10-2024, 12:16 PM
Last Post: weepingwillow
  [CPAP] Trouble with flow limits, doctor won't help ChickenTenders 7 474 08-21-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: ChickenTenders
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 27 4,684 08-10-2024, 02:47 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  Does New Doctor Need to Know I Tape My Mouth? TiredOne789 3 332 08-04-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: TiredOne789
  Advice request. How do I talk to my doctor? Justlilme 1 217 07-22-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  10+ CA's and a bad "doctor". Left to fend for myself, should I ASV, ST, or CPAP? Akeyla 27 1,297 07-08-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.