Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First 2 nights
RE: First 2 nights
Had my titration study last night. was fine definitely slept better than the first time. The nurse was checking out my machine and said "you're not suppose to touch the settings" to which i replied that i couldn't breathe with a ramp of 4cm. didn't say anything after that but he did reset my pressures to 8-14, which i promptly reset to 11.5-15 when i got home.

When i woke up the pressure was on 13cm so as far as i'm concerned my 11.5-15 is perfect! We'll see what the doc says next week but i bet i will get remarks again. she'll also decide if insurance is going to pay for it or not, not that it will change much definitely buying one myself if they deny me. i don't see how that could happen, i've met compliance after 3 weeks.

i was titrated with an airsense 10 so i was finally able to try it, definitely quieter than an 11. i thought i was suffocating with 8cm thankfully he quickly increase it to 10 so i could fall asleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2024, 08:08 AM)Narcil Wrote: ..... she'll also decide if insurance is going to pay for it or not, not that it will change much definitely buying one myself if they deny me. i don't see how that could happen, i've met compliance after 3 weeks.

Oh-jeez  Hey, maybe that nurse will learn something from you...    Smile

It sounds like you're doing well, so keep it up!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2024, 06:59 AM)OpalRose Wrote: It sounds like you're doing well, so keep it up!

doing ok but more and more i'm thinking i need a ffm Sad the chin strap just doesn't seem to be working out or i'm still not using it right.

here's my best night where it seems to work and my worst where it seemed to do nothing. more often than not it seems to do nothing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
been trying out cpap at 13cm and it seems to be working extremely well. unlike this chin strap, i really don't think it's working out. sunday i think it might have caused all those FLs?

bit of a dry mouth sometimes i don't really want to mess with the humidifier, water is terrible here. time for FFM i think Sad

Post Reply Post Reply
Saw the doctor today. she actually said "you seem to have a good handle on the machine" and didn't care at all that i modified the settings myself. Titration study proved cpap is helpful to me but i still have to go back in 3 months for compliance. they really like their doctors visits..

interesting thing is they don't actually have airview and can't access the cloud data. compliance will be with the SD card. this is the biggest semi-private hospital chain in Belgium.. i guess they don't want to pay the ongoing licenses. maybe that explains why i still haven't got updates? myair works so i am connected to the cloud, but i still have the 2+ years old firmware.

she gave me a f20 to try out and said insurance provides 1 mask per year.

edit: actually it seems myair stopped working and i can't make it work anymore. it stopped receiving data 15 days ago, so it recorded 81 days of usage then stopped. not that i need it of course just trying to understand what is going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
that was terrible, i think i last 10 mins with the F20 before i ripped it off and switched back to N20. the mask almost flies off my face at 12cm, nasal masks don't do that at all. i guess the increased surface area makes a big difference.

plus i'm not sure how you can sleep on your side with this thing, the whisper quiet exhaust digs into the pillow and makes an awful wind sound, with the n20 i just direct the exhaust upwards.. and all this plastic digs into your face. i vastly prefer the chin strap lol
Post Reply Post Reply
What you think any reason to change anything? Seems the more i get used to it the more i mouth breathe Sad think the headstrap might be dying also woke up several times with both bottom velcros undone, but didn't show those nights.

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks great Narcil.  Nothing major wrong.  Only thing is the leaks and a few CA's that seem to line up with those larger leaks.  Maybe new mask strap would fix this?  I used to wear a large and xl headstraps.  They would stretch out over time.  I finally bought a small and stretched it out a lot and it works fine all the time now (it is stretched out as far as it will go and fits about the size of the large or xl I have.  Not suggesting you should try this.  You know yourself better than anyone.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks. i'll try a few things cuz it is getting stretched out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Compare two nights - Leaky Mask Help apneavolt 1 122 09-09-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] 5 nights in.....grumpier,forgetful and very tired! toby2111 28 1,368 08-26-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  OSCAR data for first 2 full face nights flyingcrowgang 2 196 08-07-2024, 09:07 PM
Last Post: flyingcrowgang
  OSCAR data after first two "successful" nights ElDesperado 1 186 08-07-2024, 12:46 PM
Last Post: Narcil
  34 horrible nights - how many more? RigMover 3 240 07-31-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: RigMover
Question [Equipment] 1st Post: 7 Yr w/Resmed Airsense 10, now not rested 3 nights w/new 11 HappyAPAPerSince2017 6 898 06-12-2024, 04:09 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  First few nights w CPAP - Looking to dial in Learning to Sleep 2 282 05-24-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Learning to Sleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.