Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cushion covers
Cushion covers
I see a number of threads about leaks, but I'm looking for any comments, pro and con on using them. Did they help or hinder? I have been having an issue with a varying leak 7L one night 40L the next. However my average is sitting on the 24L line with an average 2.7 AHI average. I have a new sleep doctor and he suggested that I try a cloth cover. Any comments appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cushion covers
Lots of people here like the mask liners provided by Supplier number 31.  At the top of every page, you will see, in the black portion a link to Supplier List.  Click there and scroll down to number 31.

Hope this helps! Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cushion covers
Your face might be relaxing in the night, so it morphs into a shape where the mask doesn’t fit right. This could easily cause a leak. A mask like the F20 might be especially prone to this because of where it sits on the face. Have you thought of trying a hybrid (FWIW the Dreamwear has a reputation for leaks)?
I made the mistake of looking in the mirror while I took a bathroom break, and I looked like a cabbage patch doll. That was a totally different face than I fell asleep with.
Also, if your mouth drops open during the night, your face would have a different profile.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full face mask and spare cushion recommendation faine 2 257 08-25-2024, 01:33 AM
Last Post: faine
  Mask Cushion Alternative walcra 1 263 07-09-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help Dialing In New Cushion SleepyDawg 1 225 06-15-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Has anyone tried the AirTouch N20 after using the AirFit N20 cushion? jake79 3 448 05-29-2024, 10:45 AM
Last Post: jake79
  nose cushion size Philips vs Resmed nnddcc 1 337 05-10-2024, 08:32 AM
Last Post: eok361
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 495 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 953 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.