Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Stuck SD card
Stuck SD card
Has any one had a problem with their SD card locking up inside the machine?  I just re-installed my card and now it is stuck in my 6 week old AirSence 10.  This is the second AirSense10 I have had to return, my first had motor noise after about four weeks.  Are problems like this becoming more common or do I just have bad luck?
I am not an expert...just a long time user.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Stuck SD card
Funny you should have this issue on the same day I did. 

I removed the card this morning on my 5-year-old ResMed AS10 like normal, but when I went to put it back in there was some unusual resistance and it would only go partly in the slot. I took it out and examined it...nothing unusual. So I put it back in with a little bit of force and it was stuck and wouldn't pop out like it normally does. 

I was able to pry it out with my pocket knife, but when it was reinserted, it still wouldn't pop out. So, I tried a different SD card and the same thing happened. 

I will leave it inserted tonight and see if it records my data, but if I have to pry it out every morning, that's not happening.  Dont-know
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
It's the locking mechanism in the card slot. Shine a light in there and compare it to your PC card reader's slot.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
upsman,

I did exactly the same thing you did except pry it out.  I had a little resistance and when I pushed it in it just bounced back.  So of course I pushed a little harder and it locked in...permanently.   I am sure Red is correct that the locking mechanism is the problem. My CPAP is still under warranty so it will be going back to ResMed and they can fix it.  
I am not an expert...just a long time user.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, good that yours is still under warranty. Good luck. 

All my data was recorded properly during the night, so I guess I'll just have to get used to prying it out every morning now.  Dont-know
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
The SD card has a notch on the right side of its package that is the lock. On a Resmed, this would be on the bottom of the slot. Try using a nonmetallic probe and try to toggle it. A wooden skewer comes to mind for this.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's what a small pair of Vice-Grips is handy for.  Big Grin

[Image: 924-1.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AHI stuck around 10 PercyA 3 477 02-28-2024, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 421 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001
  Stuck on REM simplified example no much talk sleepyzzz 4 828 07-31-2023, 03:28 PM
Last Post: sleepyzzz
  [Treatment] Stuck in Timed Mode? jeffpack1957 13 1,198 03-07-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: jeffpack1957
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 1,065 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Why is my screen stuck in therapy mode? BobbieM 0 815 08-16-2022, 09:35 PM
Last Post: BobbieM
  Stuck with aerophagia? blancobonzo 0 719 08-22-2021, 08:22 PM
Last Post: blancobonzo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.