Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sudden burst of CA's because left arm was out of bed!
RE: Sudden burst of CA's because left arm was out of bed!
If you are restricting blood flow to your limb by compressing it, that could definitely cause a drop in blood O2 in your arm. The blood would just pool up in your arm as your cells just continue to use O2.
Post Reply Post Reply
jcp519: unfortunately, the Wellue SleepU user manual specifically says not to use the middle finger! I normally use the left index finger, but I will try switching to the right thumb as you suggest to see if it gives different results.
Post Reply Post Reply
BW, I forgot which Wellue device you are using. I know with the Checkme O2 Max, looseness of fit can interfere with reading accuracy, blood flow will also interfere, that is why I wear fingerless gloves. In winter due to the room temperature, I use convertible wool fingerless gloves/mitten and sometimes pull the mitten portion over the fingers.

Today while downloading the data from the pulse/Oximeter I noticed a slight wobble of the data cable connector where it plugs into the wrist unit will cause a connection audible signal. so there is starting to be an issue with that connection. But there again the fingerless gloves are also worn to prevent me snagging the sensor lead wire, so maybe it immobilizes the connector to prevent the signal loss.

Your CA events are measured separate from the Pulse/Oximeter, so they just conveniently occured when your Pulse/Oximeter showed SpO2 Drops? I show Pulse Change before I show SpO2 Drops associated with CA events. Everyone is different, so perhaps you react to the O2 changes more dramatically than I do.

So now we are back to the Submariners' code, "always trust your instrumentation until they are proven wrong". Pilots and astronauts are encouraged to follow the same advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Paratrooper code: don't become one if you tend to fail things the first time.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10+ CA's and a bad "doctor". Left to fend for myself, should I ASV, ST, or CPAP? Akeyla 25 685 07-05-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Sudden AHI spikes on Airsense 11 apap Snoozer65 10 549 07-01-2024, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Snoozer65
  Sudden CPAP Intolerance? jstro84 8 349 04-30-2024, 07:39 PM
Last Post: jstro84
Question Sudden increase in central apneas eyeloveeyez 1 269 04-25-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Symptoms] Worried about sudden spike in CA events rohit261990 8 491 04-22-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: rohit261990
Surprised [CPAP] Sudden Increase in AHI amfar33 2 349 04-14-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 368 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.